Wanted 1982 BJ42 front drum brake shoes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1982 BJ42 is New Zealand-spec, and it has drums all around, no discs. My drums seem to be in reasonable shape, but I'm trying to find shoes for them. Are the rear shoes the same as the US shoes available online? They look similar, but are the fronts and rears the same? If not, what's a good source for those? Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
You consider converting your front drums to discs ? I think 4wheel auto sells a kit.

My 1982 BJ42 is New Zealand-spec, and it has drums all around, no discs. My drums seem to be in reasonable shape, but I'm trying to find shoes for them. Are the rear shoes the same as the US shoes available online? They look similar, but are the fronts and rears the same? If not, what's a good source for those? Thanks for the info!

I bought a set from SOR for my 83 Saudi spec FJ40. 081-15QFT-A is their part number I believe

Cruiser outfitters has told me they can get them but I haven’t needed another set yet.

I bought a set from SOR for my 83 Saudi spec FJ40. 081-15QFT-A is their part number I believe

Cruiser outfitters has told me they can get them but I haven’t needed another set yet.

Correct, we stock the 3" wide shoes as well.

Alright, update. When we tore the front brakes open, we determined that they must have been changed more recently, as they’re in reasonable shape. Bit of a lip on the drums, but the shoes were at least good enough for this trip. The rear shoes were in a lot worse shape, but, surpisingly, the drums and shoes were available through our friendly neighborhood national auto parts chain.

I think once the weather warms up I’m gonna look into doing a front disc swap. Any upgrade that makes my mum less nervous about me driving this truck is an upgrade worth exploring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom