Builds My $1500 82 fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This will be the best $1500 you ever spent!

Zombie Apocalypse FJ60!

zombiefj60a.jpg
Agreed!

Tons of nice work to rehab this. Will you be able to park it inside so that you don't get nightly condensate and a quick return of the rust?

Tons of nice work to rehab this. Will you be able to park it inside so that you don't get nightly condensate and a quick return of the rust?
Yes, it is parked in a climate controlled garage. I also used por15 and/or epoxy primer on all the rust I could find so it should be pretty good.

Wow. What a transformation. I cannot fathom working on these trucks with that kind of rust.

WOW....that is crazy...props to you man. Talk about making lemonade out of lemons.

Thanks guys. It’s still an off-road beater but it looks good from 20 feet! The rear bumper was flexing with the tire out so I reinforced the inside of it.

4C60988C-0319-4ABA-9B95-45E973092B2B.jpeg

incredible amount of work there. How long did it take you to do all that? I'm interested in how you decided to go with the rattle trap headliner insulation. Why did you decide to go with it? My concern with most of the peel and stick stuff is that it can fall down when the inside heats up sitting in the summer sun. Have you used it in the past?

Wow. What a transformation. I cannot fathom working on these trucks with that kind of rust.
incredible amount of work there. How long did it take you to do all that? I'm interested in how you decided to go with the rattle trap headliner insulation. Why did you decide to go with it? My concern with most of the peel and stick stuff is that it can fall down when the inside heats up sitting in the summer sun. Have you used it in the past?
ive had the truck about a year, did most of the work in a couple months. I basically just used the rattletrap because I had it. I have the same concerns, it hasn’t given me any trouble yet. With how hard it is to remove it should be fine. That and the headliner rails sort of keep it pressed against the roof. If I were to do it again I would probably use lizard skin. A guy at a local ac shop turned me on to it and it looks like good stuff.

Whoo hoo! I love the work and the speed. It all depends on what you are willing to put into it. Looking great, keep it up.

Great work! Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom