Anyone live in or around Concord, CA 94519 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I was on the TREKBOXX website and saw that they didn't have a drawer system for the 60. I contacted Dave the owner and asked him if he could design one similar to the one he’s designed for the 80. He stated that it would be easy if he had a 60 or 62 for about three days to get the measurements he needed to enter into his CAD program.
I live in SOCAL about 8 hours away from Comcord.
Is there anyone in close proximity to his shop that could drop their Cruiser off for 2-3 days?
Would be greatly appreciated.
Chris

https://www.trekboxx.com

E600C25A-81EE-4334-B43A-425B3AD252B3.png

I'm about 15mins. away :D
My 60 is currently Non-Op and can't be driven but it runs.

He doesn't need to drive it, just parked. Anyway to get it there? AAA?
Let me contact him to see if he has any suggestions.
If you’d like to contact him yourself.
David Walter
(925) 270-1657

It would be a great help. If this goes the distance, I’ll buy you a case of beer when we drive through. Or send you the cash for the beer.

Chris

I have wanted a system for my 60 for a while now. I would of bought one from KISS, a vendor on here, if he had them for a 60 as the price is great and you can customize them. I did find a company called Dobinson when I was poking around on Amazon. I reached out to them directly to ask them about their universal drawers and he told me they also had universal wings that could be cut down and customized for the 60 and sent me this pic. Coincidentally, the 60 it is in looks just like my 83FJ60. Anway, the drawers are in my garage and I should get my 60 back with the new H55 installed today so hope to at least get this project started this weekend. The drawer on the left has a top that slides out. I paid about $1200 delivered.
FJ60 Drawer.jpeg

@boerboel313 How soon does he need it and I could get a one day operating permit if needed. I will try to contact him and see if he have a room in his driveway since it can't be parked on the street. I may not be able to afford his drawers but they sure looks good and sturdy.

@boerboel313 How soon does he need it and I could get a one day operating permit if needed. I will try to contact him and see if he have a room in his driveway since it can't be parked on the street. I may not be able to afford his drawers but they sure look good and sturdy.
Morning.
I'd never suggested for your Cruiser to be parked on the street at his facility. It would need to be behind a locked fence at the very least during the evening hours. Yes, please contact him if you wouldn't mind. Thank you, brother.
Ya, they are a bit pricey, but he has financing. In my physical state, retired Marine Veteran, 100 ℅ disability via the VA, 13 surgeries, with 2 being on my back, and 1 of them a month ago; I can no longer load and unload my heavy Harddig cases multiple times during a trip.
So, with all the designs out there, Mark's seems to be the right one for us, except of course the $5k price tag. LOL.
20171111_071611.jpg

I have wanted a system for my 60 for a while now. I would of bought one from KISS, a vendor on here, if he had them for a 60 as the price is great and you can customize them. I did find a company called Dobinson when I was poking around on Amazon. I reached out to them directly to ask them about their universal drawers and he told me they also had universal wings that could be cut down and customized for the 60 and sent me this pic. Coincidentally, the 60 it is in looks just like my 83FJ60. Anway, the drawers are in my garage and I should get my 60 back with the new H55 installed today so hope to at least get this project started this weekend. The drawer on the left has a top that slides out. I paid about $1200 delivered.
View attachment 1813365
What are the dimensions of your drawers? I won't be purchasing a fridge anytime soon so the spot on Mark's design can be used for gear storage. Mabe the small gas stove.

39depth, 42W, 10H

drawersize.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom