1KZTE EGT Win (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
new member here
bought my 4wd bout a month ago
stock standard noticed over 1472F (800C)when driving up hills, with a 2.5 ton digger on I noticed almost 1652 degrees F(900C) , thought this was a bad egt guage so borrowed a CAT EGT probe and multimetre and these temps are correct, here we go cracked head time so I did these mods and wow what a difference
Full 3" exhaust
4.3volt zenner diode on Map sensor
Full aluminium radiator from a HZJ70 (little bit thicker than a standard radiator)
Cheap bleed off to waste gate wound right open achieving 16psi under load
71 degree thermostat from toyota

Results now seeing a max of 1292F (700C) when flat out up a steep hill with the digger on the back and a max engine temp of 194F (90C)

A big thanks to this forum as without it I certainly would have melted this engine in no time

some pics of my exhaust, guages and my terrible soldering job on the map sensor
20180728_145600.jpg
20181006_132905.jpg
20181019_092446.jpg
20181019_092512.jpg
20181019_092544.jpg

Nice work! Towing 2.5 tons is a lot for a KZJ78, that is impressive.

Where did you get that radiator out of curiosity?

came from a performance car shop here in NZ called redline ( it was advertised on a online auction website called "Trademe" cost was $154 usd ($235NZD) but identical to all the radiators on ebay , quality seems ok.
I had to weld the lugs onto the top for that vacuum hose thing and and to fabricate mounting plates to bolt the radiator up to the original position.
Its all pretty rough and ready but bolted up good, the bottom radiator hose is original and the top hose is a cut down ford falcon v8 radiator hose as the factory hose was just a bit to short.
I already modded the viscous fan hub with more oil (10,000cst) and adjusted the opening temp, the factory shroud is bolted through 4 places with 1/4 cap screws through the plates that are on the radiator

I really only got this because it was a whole $100 cheaper that a plastic tank aftermarket replacement and seems to work really good

Ive started making up a big front mount intercooler to fit will post up pics soon

came from a performance car shop here in NZ called redline ( it was advertised on a online auction website called "Trademe" cost was $154 usd ($235NZD) but identical to all the radiators on ebay , quality seems ok.
I had to weld the lugs onto the top for that vacuum hose thing and and to fabricate mounting plates to bolt the radiator up to the original position.
Its all pretty rough and ready but bolted up good, the bottom radiator hose is original and the top hose is a cut down ford falcon v8 radiator hose as the factory hose was just a bit to short.
I already modded the viscous fan hub with more oil (10,000cst) and adjusted the opening temp, the factory shroud is bolted through 4 places with 1/4 cap screws through the plates that are on the radiator

I really only got this because it was a whole $100 cheaper that a plastic tank aftermarket replacement and seems to work really good

Ive started making up a big front mount intercooler to fit will post up pics soon

Right on! Thanks for the info. Definitely looking forward to the FMIC pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom