What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought some might find this interesting or helpful(or not).

Here’s my solution to mount my iPad 12.9 Pro to the dash using Cygnett Magnet mounts. They are held on with 3M tape. Picked up a 4pk from Costco. Installed one on each side. The iPad is completely stable over bumps and down the highway. The vents on either side are only covered 1/3 but, I’ve got them adjusted outwards. No worries. I don’t use the stock Navi at all and what I do use can be accessed with the steering wheel controls.

NFL Gamepass in the truck has never been better.

Cheers

FD0C89D3-8341-46F6-8028-3A3C882C64AE.jpeg

F507D0AC-AFFC-4D0A-BE6B-D0AB635E706F.jpeg

Last edited:
And two Highs...

I went wheeling Sunday and had lots of fun booking through some desert washes that had seen rain the two days prior. Always fun hitting the mud at 50mph :D

But while I was rallying the GX I kept hearing the back right bottom out. Took a peak at the next stop and checked it good enough to make sure the shock was still bolted on and kept rolling.

Well today I figured out the culprit was the aluminum OPOR rock shocks mounted in front of the rear shocks. It must have taken a hit somewhere and was bent back and has torn up the boot and my shock is bottoming out on the top of it.

Crappy night time cell pic. It’s the thing covered in MUD! :hillbilly:

C2C32550-C606-466A-A258-E1982C7E9FAB.jpeg

E9DCB067-3519-4F17-A2B2-98089E9C9634.jpeg

Just south of Heber, head up to the Heber Valley trap and Skeet club, and turn left (south) on the dirt road when you get there. We reached our turn around point when I thought my street tires had met their limit.

Was this the ridgeline trail that runs basically parallel to UT-40? Looks like a fun drive. Good to know. I usually drive past there down toward Strawberry Peak, so a closer option would be great. Thanks!

Well today I figured out the culprit was the aluminum OPOR rock shocks mounted in front of the rear shocks. It must have taken a hit somewhere and was bent back and has torn up the boot and my shock is bottoming out on the top of it.

Yikes! I've read of this happening to people but hadn't seen a picture- it looks like it could cause a lot of damage to the shaft and shock body so you maybe got lucky. I see you are running shock boots for dirt- maybe you could chop the shin guards to keep the bottom of the shock mount protected while still protecting the bottom.

Also- are those 2.5" shocks? I've been looking for boots for mine but can't find anyone who sells them.

Was this the ridgeline trail that runs basically parallel to UT-40? Looks like a fun drive. Good to know. I usually drive past there down toward Strawberry Peak, so a closer option would be great. Thanks!
Yes, it looks like it. If I would have continued south east it would have taken me right to strawberry peak.... looking at it now, Next time I may want to keep going and come out at the top of Daniels Canyon. That would be a cool loop/camp trip.

Also looking at google maps, there appears to be two Strawberry Peaks. one to the west of Daniels Summit and the other 25 miles south east of Strawberry Reservoir. both look like cool places to

Last edited:
I did a couple of small repairs/upgrades this morning before work.

First up was the gas cap replacement. My GX threw the classic "Very small evap leak" codes the other day, and I got my new OEM gas cap last night. Fixed it right up. For what it's worth, I got the codes on the first hard freeze of the year. I don't know if this is related, but the codes popped up when the nighttime temperature was about 15 degrees colder than any night so far. I don't know if that hardened the gaskets or the metal in the venting of the gas cap.... but maybe they were related.

Second, I replaced the headlight bulbs with B2 LED bulbs from CarLightingSource (the discount code FACLEX15 still works). The headlights are quite a bit brighter, but I mention this change here because the light pattern is quite a bit different. The lowbeams are similar, but the high beams are much broader. The OEM bulbs were more of a spotlight down my lane of traffic. The new 9005 B2 LEDs project a much wider arc of light. That's great for me, since I drive on rural, mountain roads daily and I appreciate seeing into the weeds and bushes a bit more for animals and around corners better. Unfortunately, I also imagine it would blind the crap out of anyone oncoming, even across a center median on more trafficked roads... Just a bit of info if anyone is considering a high beam bulb change.

First up was the gas cap replacement. My GX threw the classic "Very small evap leak" codes the other day, and I got my new OEM gas cap last night. Fixed it right up. For what it's worth, I got the codes on the first hard freeze of the year. I don't know if this is related, but the codes popped up when the nighttime temperature was about 15 degrees colder than any night so far. I don't know if that hardened the gaskets or the metal in the venting of the gas cap.... but maybe they were related.

Second, I replaced the headlight bulbs with B2 LED bulbs from CarLightingSource (the discount code FACLEX15 still works). The headlights are quite a bit brighter, but I mention this change here because the light pattern is quite a bit different. The lowbeams are similar, but the high beams are much broader. The OEM bulbs were more of a spotlight down my lane of traffic. The new 9005 B2 LEDs project a much wider arc of light. That's great for me, since I drive on rural, mountain roads daily and I appreciate seeing into the weeds and bushes a bit more for animals and around corners better. Unfortunately, I also imagine it would blind the crap out of anyone oncoming, even across a center median on more trafficked roads... Just a bit of info if anyone is considering a high beam bulb change.

High beams are going to blind oncoming traffic either way and should be shut off if you're approaching another vehicle, but great to hear about the wider spread of light.

Ditches are where you need to be looking for wildlife, I hit a deer in my GX470 a few weeks back, and I didn't see it until it was on the road at a full run towards me, would have slammed into the side of me if I hadn't braked, ended up taking the hit in the front corner and I'm waiting to hear if it's repairable.

High beams are going to blind oncoming traffic either way and should be shut off if you're approaching another vehicle, but great to hear about the wider spread of light.

I agree. I always turn them off. I was simply trying to convey the width of the light pattern that can stretch across several lanes.

The canyon where I live has a cliff on one side of the road and steep hill of scree and brush on the other, so this light pattern works for me. I agree though, the ditches along most two-lane highways seem tailormade to allow blind collisions of wildlife leaping out. A deer leapt out on CO-40 near Elk Springs a couple of years ago near dusk. The collision left my girlfriend and I both sprayed with deer blood after the windshield and side windows blew out. (This was a little Nissan Sentra) Visibility to the sides of the road has been a priority to me ever since.

Where'd you get your cap?
Amazon, fleabay, interwebs, dealer, other?

And
Wait, the LEDs shine around corners??

Lol ;+)

Last edited:
Where'd you get your cap?
Amazon, fleabay, interwebs, dealer?

LexusPartsNow.com - I probably could have found it cheaper, but I had a couple other small OEM parts I wanted, like a rear wiper arm cover.

Evidently, I need to work on my writing. The lights don't shine around corners, obviously. Bends in the highway are better illuminated during turning... Man, you guys are sticklers. :)

Last edited:
I finally fixed my 4wd / Christmas tree dash.

Turns out that the 4wd ecu was somehow not fully plugged in.

11 months....lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom