Elocker in a 91 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

itbrokeagain

SILVER Star
Threads
I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for and I'm not so sure it exists. I am looking to put an elocker third member in the front of my 91. Is there an aftermarket harness available that I can plug in and put 12 volts to it and be done with it?

Why mess with OEM lockers when you can install a superior Harrop elocker “and be done with it” much easier.

Why mess with OEM lockers when you can install a superior Harrop elocker “and be done with it” much easier.
And the Harrops are on sale this month. $200 off

I currently have a Grizzly Locker in the rear and a lock right in the front. I need to go with a selectable Locker up front because I need something easier on the front axle. I have no interest in spending $1,200 on something when I already have something that will work. If this front Locker does not give me the results I want I'm swapping to tons anyway

I don’t know if still around but 12 volt guy used to make a simple locker switch google 12voltguy

Yup he still does just google 12 volt guy elocker harness it was on his main page with video

You can buy the lowrange locker harness and switch kit too..

I currently have a Grizzly Locker in the rear and a lock right in the front. I need to go with a selectable Locker up front because I need something easier on the front axle. I have no interest in spending $1,200 on something when I already have something that will work. If this front Locker does not give me the results I want I'm swapping to tons anyway
I'm not sure if you're aware of this and I can't believe someone else hasn't mentioned it yet. But if your front axle is a Toyota non e-locked axle and housing, you won't be able to put in a OEM Toyota e-locker 3rd member with out major modification to the housing. They are 2 different animals and you should scope out the 2 types on your own to see what I'm talking about. Just trying to save you some heartbreak before you get into it past the point of no return.

I installed the a pair of the Lowrange harnesses on an 80 a few months ago. Highly recommended for a retrofit. Forget the factory wiring and the ECU nonsense.

Ultimate Toyota Electric Locker ELocker Wiring Harness Kit by Low Range Off Road (TDI-ELWH)

I have 91 I drive with a 97 triple locked donor. I have researched a lot on pulling everything and swapping it over to the 91 to "keep it stock".

With the factory set up you got the ECU and all that jazz, what do you loose with the Low Range one? Can you lock in HI? I have to say that the task of ripping everything out, to include adding lights to the dash, seemed overwhelming. I hadn't thought about the low range option and it seems like the less work option.

I have 91 I drive with a 97 triple locked donor. I have researched a lot on pulling everything and swapping it over to the 91 to "keep it stock".

With the factory set up you got the ECU and all that jazz, what do you loose with the Low Range one? Can you lock in HI? I have to say that the task of ripping everything out, to include adding lights to the dash, seemed overwhelming. I hadn't thought about the low range option and it seems like the less work option.

Yeah, you can lock them whenever you want, lock the front independently of the rear, etc.

Yeah, you can lock them whenever you want, lock the front independently of the rear, etc.

Could you hook it up to the factory switch? I guess you would loose the ability to lock the front if you do that, but is it possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom