Adjusting Glove Box Latch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm finally getting the little things back together. After reattaching the wiring harnesses behind the glove box I cannot get the glove box door to latch.

I can work the latch with my finger. so I think the latch works. It looks to me like the latch is not picking up the bail hanging down from the top of the dash opening.

Is there a way to adjust the bail in-out, up/down?

If it worked when you pulled it, it should work now. Make sure you have the hinges turned around right.

I had a similar problem recently. My latch on the door seemed to be fine, but it would either not engage the striker properly or it would stick and I had to fight with it to open. After taking the latch apart and cleaning and lubricating it and having it do the same thing, I realized it had to be the catch side (striker bar or whatever you want to call it). I was able to bend the bar (easy to do with your fingers) just a little bit and now my glove compartment works just like it should. Not sure how or when it got tweaked, but just a little bending of the catch fixed my problem. Hopefully it works for you, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom