NEW LX OWNER! TIRE SIZE NEWBIE QUESTION (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pix to come......

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2014 silver on black with 44k miles on her. Love it to death. Drives a lot like my 2001(which I loved) but with 150hp extra!

Going to keep it mostly stock for a while but the wife mad the cardinal sin of saying the tires looked wimpy. I had a set of 275-60-20 Michelin Ltx A/T's on my 2001 and they cleared great. But according to the chart I found you need a 2" lift to clear these. Has anyone had any experience clearing these on a stock height truck??

Thanks!
Tommy

275/60r20 is cake to fit. No lift necessary. On that point, lift has no bearing on fit for an IFS truck. The suspension always travels through the same stroke so the tire has to clear at every point anyways.

788AD8B3-5C12-4BAD-8692-E7CB56981CA0.png
285/55/20 BFG AT/KO2’s
On 2015

And the 275/65 20 mentioned will likely not fit without a spacer to push it out from the UCA. It a figer’s width away with the tires straight ahead, but makes contact when turning with the front of the UCA. I used a 3/4” Bora spacer to fix this. This size also makes contact with the inner fender liner behind the front bumper but that’s easy to resolve with a little creativity that I assume someone has already posted here. Lastly, the common contact with the front mudflap. I removed mine.

So, if you don’t want to do the above, which I don’t consider a big deal, you might stick with the 60 series sidewall.

Congrats on your new rig Tommy

P.S. my wife made the same mistake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom