Options to get around the AHC for the Regular Guy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2002 Lexus LX with 189k.

I know there are a million threads on what people have done to their suspension regarding lifts, shocks, tires, etc., but what is the most current and for the average guy? If this is a duplication, then please accept my apologies.

I'm not looking for a rock crawler or the Lexus version of Bigfoot. I just want a classic, daily driver that no longer relies on the AHC system.

What are the latest options to bypass that system? What is the simplest & cheapest? Is there a way to compare?

The easiest and cheapest way would be to get new LC shocks and used LC torsion bars/rear springs. If the rear springs are old/sagging, you'll also need a 30mm spacer to help it out.

Agree on LC parts, but get new coils. They are "old" after 3 years. The uncoiled springs (T-bars) can be 2nd hand. Do not listen if someone says you don't have to change the TBs, as the ahc-TBs are too thin to give you a solid suspension system without the gas springs to help them.

I just did a full AHC removal and install of the Slee OME kit with slee shocks. Just get a basic OME lift and take out all the AHC crap.. you will be happy and its a one time deal. You should be under 1500 for total install and its worth every penny. Dont cheap out too much on lifts.

Be sure if you go with new LC shocks you also buy all the necessary bolts and washers for install

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom