Nudge bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I am thinking of replacing my regulare chrome bullbar with something more offroadstylish. Is there anyone here that has made something them selfe? What i am thinking of you can see here:

Allar-myndir-af-vel-nov-2008-.jpg-1541-1.jpg

If you ever hit anything with a bolt-on brush bar sticking in front of your bumper, you will regret it. You'll go from just replacing your bumper to replacing every single piece in front of your doors.

it is a bit humerous a truck that big asking about a nudge bar.
Slee ships

Well my LC is not that big, but i still like the design and the look that a bar like that bether than a ARB front bumper.

This is mine and the bar that i want to replace. Im thinking og adding four 7" ledlights on it.

FB_IMG_1514127167291.jpg

Those are what we call "damage multipliers". Sure they may be aesthetically pleasing for some, however, they offer no real protection in the event of an accident. For example, if you were to hit anything with one of these, it will almost always result in more damage to your vehicle than if you were to get in an accident without one. If you want one then by all means go for it, no one is going to hate on you for building your rig the way you want to. But most will agree in terms of frontal protection they offer very little and will most likely cause more damage than a rig without one.

attachment.php

33177d1454942887-highlander-bull-bar-bullbar.jpg

I understand. But if i am building a bar like the one on the first picture of the Fjallasport 38s in 1,5inches aluminiumtube i really do not worrie about that it will ruin the rest of the car if i crash. If i crash with the one that i have today the case will be something different.

Those are what we call "damage multipliers". Sure they may be aesthetically pleasing for some, however, they offer no real protection in the event of an accident. For example, if you were to hit anything with one of these, it will almost always result in more damage to your vehicle than if you were to get in an accident without one. If you want one then by all means go for it, no one is going to hate on you for building your rig the way you want to. But most will agree in terms of frontal protection they offer very little and will most likely cause more damage than a rig without one.

attachment.php

33177d1454942887-highlander-bull-bar-bullbar.jpg

Looks like it would’ve been worse without it... someone backed into mine on Tundra and it bent the bar badly but nothing to my bumper not a scratch and jacked there rear up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom