What's this disconnected wire for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Got a mysterious (to me) disconnected wire coming through the firewall here - I'm sure there's a chance it doesn't go to anything at all, but in case you have some idea.... It's coming out of that top grommet that includes the carb idle solenoid and the yellow wire to the block.

TIA.

IMG_6005.jpg

Looks like the harness has been re-wrapped? Did the blue B+ for the radio get accidentally wrapped in the wrong fork? Is it live with the key in accessory?

Hmmm....a better guess is that it connected to the blue radio frequency pigtail on the voltage regulator?

Wanted to say thanks for all the theories thus far. I spotted the wire on the dash side of the firewall too, and it's not connected to anything. Soooo I'm just gonna leave it. There is no carb fan (should I get one) - did the Colombian trucks come with those?

(It's not oil press; mine's on the filter side (and connected)

It's the wire that ran between the Cooling Fan timer controller and the Water temp sensor for the Cooling fan, neither of which your truck came with. Only Emissions equipped trucks had those things installed.

It's the wire that ran between the Cooling Fan timer controller and the Water temp sensor for the Cooling fan, neither of which your truck came with. Only Emissions equipped trucks had those things installed.
I win on a guess.

Alrighty then, I thank you guys very much. I shall tuck away and ignore. No power going to it in any position, in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom