How flat are your leafs on a SOA??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
I mocked up my SOA today under weight and was a little surprised at how flat my leafs were. Added up Approx. weight (2,500 Lbs) and centered it on a weight average to get a feel for true curb weight position. I added an extra leaf in the front packs to help with the extra weight from a larger powertrain. Both front and rear settled evenly which is encouraging. I have include a few pics. One of the front leaf eye position with weight on and without weight (Moved about 1.5"-2" I'm guessing) Another of the leaf under weight. And a third hand drawn, this is an exaggerated example but it shows how the leaf isn't "bowing" evening but flat across the center and then the remaining flex is all on the ends.

Just want to make sure this looks as it should to everyone.
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.jpg

Leafs on my SOA are pretty flat. Most are unless they are lift springs...which would make it super tall.

That looks really good to me. It will settle a bit more after you drive it a bit.

after 30 years of soa my springs were arched backwards it even fit in the garage but by that time all i did was plow snow and use it around the house

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom