New guy here ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, I am a noobie.
And that doesn't mean just new to this forum. It means new to Landcruiser, new to offroad, new to Colorado. I've been using this forum for awhile now to learn about 100's and everything.
This forum has been a great resource. Thank you all very much!!!
I bought a LX470 2007 which is in great shape (no rust, 'yay!'). It does have the AHC but it works fine for now. Thanks to you guys I will not spend $400 to have the system flushed but rather do it myself for $50.

My plans are to put a Rhino Rack on top, upgrade to some better tires and to put an awning and a tent on top. Once I am done with that hopefully we will be ready next spring to hit the trails (easy ones, since I have no clue about offroad driving). Eventually, I want to swap out the AHC with an OME suspension.
For now, as winter season approaches I am just happy to have a truck where we can throw the skis on top.

I am afraid I won't be able to give a whole lot of information for a while but I hope I will learn a lot from you guys and eventually have my own insights.

And, oh ... by the way, I am so new that I don't even have a cool picture yet. I'll post it when I get it.

Cheers,
Dorian

Welcome! Can't wait to see some pic! I will never get sick of looking at cruisers!

Welcome! plenty of people know their stuff, and if you ask any questions, you will always get an answer! Can't wait to see how your truck turns out!

Timing Belt, Water pump etc changed. Engined tuned and fluids replenished/changed.
Now I am ready for the fun stuff. Roof rack next.

IMG_7260 copy.jpg
XIMG_7269.jpg

I have several roof racks ready to go ;) let me know if interested

I am thinking Rhino Rack Pioneer (biggest one possible). I guess I would have to get rid of the antenna (which, by the way, is used for what exactly?) and all the other rails that are on the roof already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom