New Member with an Old Hundy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a new convert from the Land Rover crowd that just picked up his first 100 Series. I've been running Land Rover Discovery II's since they were introduced in 1999. I sold my last Rover, a 2000 DII that'd been in the family since new in late August and began the hunt for a Land Cruiser.

Although I've been a Rover guy for a long time, I cut my teeth driving a manual and wheeling with my grandfather in his 1983 FJ 60. Both are gone now, but a lot of fond memories remain of him and his old LC.

Last week my dear wife stumbled across a 2001 LC for sale in Knoxville, TN. I called up the dealer and asked the usual questions and requested the usual pictures. Long story short we came home Saturday with what appears to be a well cared for and nearly rust free 2001 LC with just over 199,000 miles.

She's not perfect but I'm confident I got a good deal on a solid truck. Previous owner had installed 285/75/16 BFG KO2 tires not long before trading it in. I'm looking forward to getting her baselined and make the few needed repairs. Up first will sorting out an O2 sensor fault and leaking sunroof. After that comes heater T's and fluids. Timing belt is due for a change over the winter.

We're looming forward to being part of the community and making lots of new memories in our new old Hundy.

Out with the old and in with the almost as old...

BF41305F-1435-481F-9428-EE4C88327F8B.png

ADD0E7EB-E761-422C-9443-4EF7FC4408B1.jpeg

As a fellow Mountaineer (Charleston native but spent nearly 8 years in Morgantown at WVU...LETS GO!), welcome and congrats! I was a Jeep guy but moved to Toyota's a while back. I think you'll fall in love with the capability if an IFS truck, but mostly the reliability. My favorite part about my 100 is planning a 5 day trip into the wilderness where I will have 0 cell service, cover 200+ miles of dirt roads, have 0 access to parts, and still know I wont be dealing with anything preventing me from getting out.

Congrats and welcome. I worked at a Rover dealer in the early to mid 90s, and had a ton of fun screwing around in RR Classics, D1s, and Defenders.

Have fun baselining the new ride.

Another one. Like me I jumped the fence and never turned back. Had 8 different rovers and just recently switched over to a 05 LX. Last being a 06 LR3. It got to the point I was scared to take it out of town. Shame cause it only had 116k miles and was supposed to be the more reliable one? No more worries now. Turn key and enjoy the ride. Cheers

Welcome. I always frequented the LR forums for years but never stepped into that void (German cars were a middle ground of insanity and I even tired of those). I always wanted either a Disco II or a P38 RR, never cared about anything newer than those. Was terrified to actually own one. There's a reason I drive an old 100-series after all these years. One of my buddies has a hardon for a RR and I'm just sitting back and raising my glass to that, while reminding him that it's a horrible idea and that I'll help him fix it. Twice a month.

Just returned from our first trip in our new LC. No issues fitting three kids and all of our stuff. I made an attempt at fishing the North Fork, but the river was high and moving fast. Wading even thigh deep in the calm sections was a questionable decision. The riffles of my last trip were rapids this time.

We hit the Dolly Sods Wilderness and found winter had arrived along the Allegheny Front. We woke to snow even in the valley this morning. Big props to the previous owner that put 285 BFG KO2's on just before selling the truck! We'd have been stuck without a good set of shoes.

330F7485-E53A-4E72-A99B-990D2D12B93A.jpeg

06160861-D7E6-4267-9865-8A4D8C0D118B.jpeg

DC32795B-F484-4546-A7C2-DD902362F752.jpeg

88FD7407-F2F6-4E36-ABB6-D667CF9CA386.jpeg

D4A7AB70-8C1D-463E-A41E-E9F3B348C147.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom