New to h8mud! Western NC have both 80 series and a 100 series. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey ya'll...I have a lifted 97 cruiser and a nearly all stock 01 cruiser. The 01 just got a paint job and I'm working on the rear wheel bearings and seals but it looks like i have to get the bearings pressed on and off? I did look through some posts and threads...very little help on YouTube with this dilemma. Any advice?
Looking forward to meeting and learning more from all you guys and gals.
S.Hurt
Western NC Cruiser Lover

Just curious, what did the paint set you back? Mine needs it bad but I have a feeling it's going to be in the 3-5k range. That's a front bumper and a winch w/ alot left over.

Just curious, what did the paint set you back? Mine needs it bad but I have a feeling it's going to be in the 3-5k range. That's a front bumper and a winch w/ alot left over.
$1030 @ maaco in hickory. 4 year warranty. I'm really impressed with the quality for that price

$1030 @ maaco in hickory. 4 year warranty. I'm really impressed with the quality for that price

Great price, could you show some detail pictures of the work? Did they paint the cladding too? What type of paint did they use? Any overspray? how does it look between the door jambs? Sorry for all the questions! I'm interested in doing this myself. Mine has 251k and live outside so I just can't justify spending big bucks on a high end paint job.

Great price, could you show some detail pictures of the work? Did they paint the cladding too? What type of paint did they use? Any overspray? how does it look between the door jambs? Sorry for all the questions! I'm interested in doing this myself. Mine has 251k and live outside so I just can't justify spending big bucks on a high end paint job.

I will take some close ups and send to you. Not any noticeable overspray. A few really small bubbles and one semi noticeable run. They used a urethane base and urethane clear gloss. I opted not to have jambs painted at $100 per jamb. I can paint them a flat black or something and be fine with saving the extra $500

I tried to paint my 97 at home and spent more time and money on paint and equipment and it looks terrible in my opinion so i will take it back to them in the future and have it done right. Maybe go back to original color too.

I will take some close ups and send to you. Not any noticeable overspray. A few really small bubbles and one semi noticeable run. They used a urethane base and urethane clear gloss. I opted not to have jambs painted at $100 per jamb. I can paint them a flat black or something and be fine with saving the extra $500

What kind of prep did they do? Did they sand it down and remove all the trim? Or just tape it off and spray over the old clearcoat?

What kind of prep did they do? Did they sand it down and remove all the trim? Or just tape it off and spray over the old clearcoat?
It's a tape and spray...the quote didn't reflect a hand sanding, but verbally they told me it would be included.

Orange peel is a bit heavy. A good wet sand and buff should make it look great. I would say the product is worth the price.

Hey ya'll...I have a lifted 97 cruiser and a nearly all stock 01 cruiser. The 01 just got a paint job and I'm working on the rear wheel bearings and seals but it looks like i have to get the bearings pressed on and off? I did look through some posts and threads...very little help on YouTube with this dilemma. Any advice?
Looking forward to meeting and learning more from all you guys and gals.
S.Hurt
Western NC Cruiser Lover
are those 295 discovery stt's

Actually they may be 295....I have 315's on the 80 series and had to do the 2.5 OME lift kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom