Next big expedition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

will also have a spare of each that can be loaned. Ed has set up a mobil unit as a loaner, it has cig plug and magnet antenna so can be put just about anywhere and he has allowed us to borrow it.

will also have a spare of each that can be loaned. Ed has set up a mobil unit as a loaner, it has cig plug and magnet antenna so can be put just about anywhere and he has allowed us to borrow it.
Ed,s mobile unit is not a 2m. I think is the GMRS band. We still should be ok without it.

I have 3 Bofang radios if someone needs to barrow one.

Well that is what I have in my truck also, is that not what we are talking about ? All of mine are the same as the one has allowed us to use
Ed,s mobile unit is not a 2m. I think is the GMRS band. We still should be ok without it.

We should be ok. I have a truck mounted and hand held unit capable of both bands.

2.5 weeks away!!!

What other details do we need to work out?

Morgan can you send coordinates for the Thursday night campsite meet up?

Bob do you want to share your flight details? Were you able to rent the sat phone?

Greg and my trucks are on the shipping boards and could be picked up anytime in the next few days.

Any specific items we should add to our pack list that we might not be thinking of?

Reactions: SAS
Jeff and I arrive on Frontier 573 at 10:23 AM on 11/01 and depart on United 589 at 9:38 AM on 11/10.

The sat phone is on order and should arrive on 10/31.

I dropped my stuff off at Mitch’s last weekend. I’ll be flying very light with carry on only. I did send my poker chips and cards with Mitch so no need for anyone else to bring. We had a great game in Colorado at the cabin last year. Everyone thought it was gonna be an off night, and before you knew it, two bottles of bourbon were upside down and we had a blast playing for a few hours.

• It will get pretty cool (40 degrees) at night out in the desert, make sure you bring appropiate clothing. Daytime temps shpuld be low to mid 70's
  • Wag Bags and a seat to use them on...there won't be bathrooms where we are going.
  • There is always someone that forgets some type of cooking utensil that they need (knife, spatula, fork etc.)

Guess we should have a more serious talk about group meals. If we want to do it we need a plan. Like how many meals and who wants to bring what. Don’t want chili 8 nights in a row. I made tacos for the group at the Relic Run this year and it was pretty easy. Made the meat before hand and froze it. Just had to warm it up and heat some tortillas. Only concern would be keeping it frozen long enough. I will have a fridge/freezer but don’t have a lot of experience with them

Guess we should have a more serious talk about group meals. If we want to do it we need a plan. Like how many meals and who wants to bring what. Don’t want chili 8 nights in a row. I made tacos for the group at the Relic Run this year and it was pretty easy. Made the meat before hand and froze it. Just had to warm it up and heat some tortillas. Only concern would be keeping it frozen long enough. I will have a fridge/freezer but don’t have a lot of experience with them
Steve/Bart

I think the 3 of us should plan together for meals and camping gear. I know we had a short discussion at the meeting, however I don't remember reaching s final decision on who's bringing what. I also have a fridge/ freezer combination but I don't know if cooking stuff home and than driving it for 3 days in a freezer is the best way to do it. I was thinking maybe to come up with a menu and then go shopping for groceries when we get to SLC.

What say you?

Don't forget common items like salt, pepper, cooking oil/Pam spray, paper towels, toilet paper (better to have too much than to run out), …

Jeff and I will team up for meals so be prepared to be underwhelmed.

Steve, the quality fridge/freezers (arb, dometic, ect) will keep items frozen as long as there 12v enough to keep it on. Imagine enjoying Ben&Jerry's while relaxing on the banks of Lake Powell :grinpimp:

Pack items to keep frozen near the bottom and drinks, ect near the top.
Maybe pick one guys fridge as the one to keep diled down to 25°f as the freezer.

Joey,
Are you still moving forward with the OEM switch version? I just ordered a pair of OEM seat heater switches.

Steve, the quality fridge/freezers (arb, dometic, ect) will keep items frozen as long as there 12v enough to keep it on. Imagine enjoying Ben&Jerry's while relaxing on the banks of Lake Powell :grinpimp:

Pack items to keep frozen near the bottom and drinks, ect near the top.
Maybe pick one guys fridge as the one to keep diled down to 25°f as the freezer.
That is assuming you set the temp low enough to freeze.

Ben and I will pair up to produce a scrumptious meal for the group.

I do agree, that you probably dont want to cook your food, they drive cross country 3 days nad then feed it to us all 1 - 4 days later. Better to cook in camp.

If we pair up for first 4 nights we should be good.

Thursday camp spot outside Moab.

Friday night TBD.

Saturday night hole in rock.

Sunday night hole in rock.

Monday night dinner out in Moab.

I was just thinking about another issue. If we are going to have group meals, is there a need for all of us to carry stoves, coocking pots, dishes etc? For the guys that are shipping the vehicles , can you provide these type of gear. I figure it will save us Steve and I som space considering that we will carry Bob's and Jeff's kit. I know after Jeff's bags my available space got really tight.
Just a thought.

I have a good bit of room and a full assortment of cooking gear. My wife finds it very suitable cooking for the four of us but not sure how well it would do trying to feed a team of 8 to 10.

I am happy for my partner stove and propane tank to be used by everyone in the group for the entire week if that makes things easier.

IMG_1322.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom