Another insurance question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I currently have my built 80 insured through USAA, along with my other "normal" cars. It has full coverage, but I am worried that if it does get wrecked, that I will be bent over and flogged by them for what they want to give me for it. I know many companies will go up if you show receipts and what not, but I bought the rig already 90% built and have no receipts. The PPO was the original builder and he home built the sliders and rear bumper. I had a spare tire carrier fabbed to it with the help of my neighbor, some metal, and a subaru WRX wheel hub assembly. I know they will cover up to $5000 of addons, but my worry is that well one, I have more than that for sure, and two even though they can see the physical items on the car, will I get hosed because I have no proof.

I am thinking about going to an agreed upon price policy, but cant seem to find one that will allow me to take it "camping" or force it to be inside a garage at night. I have a garage, but the rig is too tall to fit inside. I am pretty confident that I can sell the rig for 14-15k right now.

What course of action have you guys done order to get it insured and feel comfortable that if something happens, you will be compensated fairly for it AND the insurance company wont cancel your policy the second they send you a check...if you want/can rebuild it and would want to be able to drive it again.

So I currently have my built 80 insured through USAA, along with my other "normal" cars. It has full coverage, but I am worried that if it does get wrecked, that I will be bent over and flogged by them for what they want to give me for it. I know many companies will go up if you show receipts and what not, but I bought the rig already 90% built and have no receipts. The PPO was the original builder and he home built the sliders and rear bumper. I had a spare tire carrier fabbed to it with the help of my neighbor, some metal, and a subaru WRX wheel hub assembly. I know they will cover up to $5000 of addons, but my worry is that well one, I have more than that for sure, and two even though they can see the physical items on the car, will I get hosed because I have no proof.

I am thinking about going to an agreed upon price policy, but cant seem to find one that will allow me to take it "camping" or force it to be inside a garage at night. I have a garage, but the rig is too tall to fit inside. I am pretty confident that I can sell the rig for 14-15k right now.

What course of action have you guys done order to get it insured and feel comfortable that if something happens, you will be compensated fairly for it AND the insurance company wont cancel your policy the second they send you a check...if you want/can rebuild it and would want to be able to drive it again.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, just informative.

There are a number of posts on here about this exact subject.

Search "insurance" and you will get a number of them.

Some folks have agreed policies and some have regular policies. It does depend on your state regulations as well.

The main thing is gathering "like" estimates from others within 500 miles when the time comes, ass the value is subjective and varies over time. Maintenance actually carries a value on these trucks, so that comes into play as well as add-ons and miles.

Varies by state, by company, and by agent on Agreed or Stated Value policies. Talk to local 4x4 clubs and see who has a good policy and what agent they use. I am in Arizona and SOKE Farmers agents will do these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom