What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Noticed my radiator had a lean.
E181EB03-61FF-4A8F-989E-BFC038CC899F.jpeg

The stock bolts in the core support gave out a long time ago, so I replaced them with regular 10mm bolts. Apparently one of them went awol and the spacer/shim went with it.
Nothing special, just extra labor to get the ps pump and coolant bottle out of the way to pull the radiator. Two hours later...AFTER realizing I’d left my box end wrench inside the core support :bang:...radiator is now level again. And bolts are double-nutted.

Last edited:
View attachment 1810044

View attachment 1810045

Took it to the local orchard. Not exactly hard core but at least I can say it has been off-road now...:p

The truck is running great. I managed to put about 1000miles on the new 350 this summer - which is collectively more miles than have put on the 40 in the last 5 years. I’ll probably check the plugs, drain the oil, and compression test it before the 12mo warranty runs out this January.

I was planning to start tackling the bodywork this winter but my freshly rebuilt transfercase has sprung a pretty serious leak, so it’s going to probably have to come down and get resealed over the winter. :doh:

Those KM3s you got there? How do you like them?

Those KM3s you got there? How do you like them?

Yessir! 7.5R16 KM3's on City Racer's steelies. If I have 200 miles on them, I'd be surprised, but first impressions have been good. They ride pretty well, which is surprising since they're a super rigid sidewall tire (load range E). They're also quiet so far - Maybe a touch more drone than the Cooper Discoverer A/T's they replaced, but unnoticeable as compared to the V8, the transmission whine, and the 8000 clunks and rattles. :hillbilly:

soft top 001.jpg
Put on a new Bestop. Leaving the hardtop hanging in the garage. Tired of messing with the seasonal change and hassle, not to mention weight of the hardtop. Put Bestop on Saturday temps in high 60s, then yesterday high temp was 26 degrees had to get it on while it was hot enough to stretch the fabric!

I'm having slip buckles and polystraps sewn on the back panel as I don't like the velcro method of attaching to the back doors, plus it will look better and more functional than velcro. Would like to have stock type top but the prices are way prohibitive. This new top was about $750 at Off Road Warehouse with their new discount. It will do the job for sure.

soft top 005.jpg

soft top 003.jpg

Man that is beautiful. Wish I could have swung a factory style top........However..see my post above...
Oh, I hear you. I would have rather not had to buy the expensive top, but the rig is too original and (now) too nice to not have the right stuff.

I’ll give you one guess what I did with my 40 today!

F816B140-0A4E-4ACA-9394-D9AA9A4250BD.jpeg
B7D88E42-F32B-4329-966A-EB5BF7B06C03.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom