STOLEN Stolen 1976 FJ40 pristine condition in Denver 5/14/18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.findoutmorenow.com
friends,
My beloved Big Red 1976 FJ40 was stolen from my work garage over the weekend in Englewood Colorado. The vehicle was custom restored through Jeremiah Proffitt and Resurrection Land Cruisers in 2007. Please keep an eye out. One tip said it might be headed West on 285 out to the mountains being toward behind a Ford 250 or 350 truck? That is not confirmed however. It could be anywhere right now.

The vehicle is Viper Red with a white top and stands out. It has a 2007 5.3L engine and really hoping to get it back in one piece. Help! Thanks all, Jeff Hochwalt 303-257-5500

https://jeffhochwalt.smugmug.com/34t...ce/i-Z2qWfb8/A

Any luck? I'll keep on the lookout...
Thank you for the inquiry. Unfortunately, no word on "Big Red's" whereabouts. There are a fair number of clues but local police literally do nothing but hope for a red light camera infraction and stage no investigation to my knowledge. My insurer (Philadelphia Ins through Grundy) sent an investigator but I am hard pressed to know if he is now going to be hired to follow up on the tips either. It's really frustrating. I am open to any other ideas? Thanks all.

That sucks bro, I’ll keep an eye out in case she headed down south.

Bummer....i will keep my eyes out on this end.

Very Sorry for your Loss, I hope you find it soon . The same thing happened to my 7 Series BMW but luckily it had a tracker in built and they were able to take pictures, record their conversations and the Police finally caught them and we got our car back in about 5 hours with a tire that was damaged, I believe those GPS trackers are not that expensive and worth to have them on "Pricey / Loved" trucks ...... Just my 2 Cents

Very Sorry for your Loss, I hope you find it soon . The same thing happened to my 7 Series BMW but luckily it had a tracker in built and they were able to take pictures, record their conversations and the Police finally caught them and we got our car back in about 5 hours with a tire that was damaged, I believe those GPS trackers are not that expensive and worth to have them on "Pricey / Loved" trucks ...... Just my 2 Cents
Good advice. What brand of tracker did you use?

Bugger !! if I was you I would be uploading the pictures to here not linking, making PDF Flyers and uploading to facebook etc and uploading images to google images, Instagram etc with mete data of Stolen FJ 40 and variations of. Facebook and Instagram are huge avenues of coverage and gets the pictures onto phones all over the world. I would buy a domain name like StolenFJ40.com and upload images and info and then link everything back to it so you get a single source.

Posting on forums is great but places like MUD annoy the s*** pit of people on mobile devices with the advertising etc and you have to make it easy as for people. Same with not uploading pictures ... pictures will find it before anything else.

Also list details of anything different such as your dash layout which looks to be unique , steering column which looks I Did it or similar , rear seats, rear diff cover etc you need to list all the little things that people will notice if they see it .

The community is pretty well linked and you don't steal a car like that unless you have a plan ... people will know what went on you just need to make sure they know what went on was wrong .... and what they are seeing is not legally gained.

That is really good advice that I had not considered. I have to think it is out of the country since May 2018 but you are right about getting it's image out. Thank you!

No worries that is the good thing about the internet it is not local it is global and to get something out of the country it goes through ports, customs and a heap of inspections meaning people who can not be controlled get to see it and inspect it.
Red 40 Series are not common in good condition so people who have seen it will remember it and these days many of then snap a picture and pass it on because they have seen something cool.
With a $100k cruiser I would expect it to have been planned and not an opportunity target so it is probably a collectors target and is sitting in a secure location, but even those guys like to show off and often the end owner will have potentially have no knowledge of it being stolen

So sorry to hear about your loss, I empathize your pain. Must’ve been tough for you and still is. From the pictures she was a beautiful restore. Did your insurance take care of you?
I still wish you all the luck possible and hope you get her back. Hopefully karma will prevail. That’s just not right that somebody thieved it. I will keep my eyes out, she is distinctive. Unless the thief changed everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom