4th Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Turns out it just got pushed all the way into the bumper....the detailer said there was 1/2 a bucket of mud and dirt in that bumper tube.

Nice place to stash stuff....

View attachment 1802404
First of all, that's not a bumper, that's a step. :)

No, that's the world's longest beer can.....
I was VERY careful to not back my 75 Series Ute into anything larger than a butterfly.

Two of Sam setting up winch to load sick LJ70.
Another of him helping to navigate a tough spot.
Thanks again....hope you have recovered from the bug!

IMG_1606.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
There were hundreds of high quality photos taken over the 4 day period not to mention Nick's drone footage and many have been posted on this thread. I've picked out a handful that I would recommend using to "prime the well" for next year's event. :)

A few more....

20180929_093703.jpg
20180929_104724.jpg

Finally had a chance to spend some time on the fuel problem on my LJ70 that broke down on the Friday trail ride at Windrock recently. I was convinced that the manual pump on the fuel filter body was bad; it would not even pump fuel straight out of a cup. But the diaphragm seemed to be OK and not leaking air. Finally after wasting a bunch of time, I crawled under the truck and immediately saw a broken rubber fuel line back near the tank. Not sure yet what caused it to break; but very much relieved that it's a cheap fix.

Thanks again for all the great help on the trail.

1612245-3c3dd920fd8b42d9215f93e2fe6dcdb9.jpg

View attachment 1807737

Finally had a chance to spend some time on the fuel problem on my LJ70 that broke down on the Friday trail ride at Windrock recently. I was convinced that the manual pump on the fuel filter body was bad; it would not even pump fuel straight out of a cup. But the diaphragm seemed to be OK and not leaking air. Finally after wasting a bunch of time, I crawled under the truck and immediately saw a broken rubber fuel line back near the tank. Not sure yet what caused it to break; but very much relieved that it's a cheap fix.

Thanks again for all the great help on the trail.

1612245-3c3dd920fd8b42d9215f93e2fe6dcdb9.jpg

View attachment 1807737
Glad to hear it was something simple.

image.jpeg

Well after the fact, I was contacted by the health department concerning this photo. They unfortunately pointed out a number of violations that have now been forwarded to our legal department. (aka Peter Brown esquire / @peterb )
In no particular order:
1) The cooking area was far from sterile.
2) The cook wasn't wearing a headnet.
3) No food service permit was posted on or near the cooking area. ( I tried to explain to them that no permit could survive trail 22 but I'm not sure they bought that excuse)
4) The smoke ventilation wasn't adequate. (I pointed out that 80 Series often smoke and had little to do with the cooking surface.

I decided to pull up my big boy pants and let then know that Peter and Sam were the organizers and I was simply an innocent bystander. :)

Last edited:
View attachment 1809314
Well after the fact, I was contacted by the health department concerning this photo. They unfortunately pointed out a number of violations that have now been forwarded to our legal department. (aka Peter Brown esquire)
In no particular order:
1) The cooking area was far from sterile.
2) The cook wasn't wearing a headset.
3) No food service permit was posted on or near the cooking area. ( I tried to explain to them that no permit could survive trail 22 but I'm not sure they bought that excuse)
4) The smoke ventilation wasn't adequate. (I pointed out that 80 Series often smoke and had little to do with the cooking surface.
To quote a wise old fart (me) if you are not pissing someone off, you just ain't tryin'.......

I dunno, I’ve done been trained in food service inspections (along with propper construction of field latrine facilities), looks okay to me. Quite clearly you can see food waste deposits down stream/down wind of preparation facilities. Also plenty of dirt to clean hands and utensils. Passes the DoD requisites :hillbilly:

A word from the organizers:

Our video and fine arts director (and yes we are that sophisticated) is in the final editing process with the drone footage and it should be posted in the next week or so. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom