Wisconsin Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Everyone!

I don't have my 80 series LC yet, but I am on the hunt. Think I found the perfect one down in TX. I will be sure to post pictures once I get her home.

I am in the Milwaukee area, I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend :beer:

Cheers,
Ryan

1st Name - JD

Town - Tomah

RIG - 92 FJ80 some armor and a snorkel installed by PO just drove her as is for a while now I am trying to debug her and get all of the gremlins out

Past Rigs 94 YJ 2 inch stretch on the front and 33x12.50s with some trimming. 98 Ram 2500 CTD 600 hp+.

1st Name: K.B.

Town/City: LaFolette (near Siren/Webster)

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: 89 toyota truck 4x4 (sold), mostly trails, nothing to hardcore.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: FJ40 fully restored (sold and I already regrett it)

Any special talents? : I teach bootcamps, absorb anything fitness and can't wait to hit thr trails every winter!

1st Name: Jim

Town/City: Milwaukee (North Shore)

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: '96 FZJ80 with lockers that I bought in '05. It became my wife's lightly-used DD in '11. Only 122K mi. and fully stock. Always wanted to do some mods, but I've put more focus on my '02 BMW M3.

Any special talents? : I'm developing my talent for scrounging parts for an 18 year old truck!

Im pretty new to this stuff but I did pick up a second FJ60. This one is an 85 and I went over to Reno to get it. Its rough but rust free :) I do have plans for it but first I need to finish the desmog the previous owner started. It is a little butchered up under the hood. It look clean and all but there was some rigging done if you know what I mean. I think there are some critical smog parts missing. I dont know if I should try to get some of the stuff or just get the weber carb

1st Name: Ryan

Town/City: Milwaukee Chicago presently, Milwaukee in spring. (Wife and I grew up in Wisconsin)

Rig: 2004 Land Cruiser 100, 33" tires are the only mod so far.

Past Rigs: 86 S-10 Blazer, 92 Trooper, 98 4Runner Limited, 06 LR3, 10 Xterra Off-Road. Limited mods on each.

Special talents: I work in consulting, so there's that. Otherwise, I enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, snowmobiling, brewing beer, and pretty much anything else that allows me to be in nature.

Last edited:
Just moved to kenosha county. Bought this collectors edition cream puff in Cali.

unnamed_3.jpg

Jeremy

Iola

Current rig/project is a '71 FJ40. Full width tons, 37" MTRs on 24 bolt H1s, 60 steering. Still has the 1f/3 speed in it, but will be swapped out to a 22r on 'pane (may add turbo next year), 5speed, and mini truck tcase w/4.7s in it. Also have a 1st gen 4runner that's getting SAS'd this summer for the better half to wheel.

Have had quite a few that Ive built thru the years, mostly mini trucks (13 or 14 now I think), but have had a couple FJ60s and 2 other 40s.

Special talent is making junk outta junk lol

Jake

town: oconomowoc (western waukesha county)

current rig(s): really going to make me do this.

82 fj40 sua/4"/350/lc 4sp
75 fj40 soa/37"/350/turbo350
74 fj40 sua 2.5"/350/lc 4sp
64 fj40 building roller
73 fj40 sua/4"/350/lc 4sp
67 fj40 in pieces

93 fzj80/arb/factory lockers/124k putting up for sale this fall
02 taco dcab/285'/ome 2.5
04 t4r/bilstein adj 3"/wifes truck
92 hilux/bj spacer lift/all original sr5 idaho truck-mint

Yeah i know..

past rigs: stopped counting over 30.

special talents: not getting rid of stuff..

ever need 40 parts, hit me up, might catch me on a good day.

Chris
Stevens Point, WI
73 FJ40, SBC, Disk Front, 35s,
Love my FJ, contemplating a frame off.
Past trucks..K5s, Lots of Jeeps, 66 Bronco

1st Name: Steve

Town/City: Germantown

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: Total newbie...97 Land Cruiser, 02 Sequoia...just getting started

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: 96 Tacoma

Any special talents? : If something breaks, I will find a way to fix it...If I want something, I will find a way to get it...If I get something, I will find a way to break it.

1st Name: MJ

Town/City:Glendale (Milwaukee)

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: 1998 LX470, 2.5" ome lift, AirLift airbags, 275/70R18 Kumho RoadVenture, Snorkel

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: 2011 Frontier Pro-4x, 2012 Wrangler Unlimited, 2015 4Runner TRDPro, 2016 LR4

Last edited:
Jeremy

Iola

Current rig/project is a '71 FJ40. Full width tons, 37" MTRs on 24 bolt H1s, 60 steering. Still has the 1f/3 speed in it, but will be swapped out to a 22r on 'pane (may add turbo next year), 5speed, and mini truck tcase w/4.7s in it. Also have a 1st gen 4runner that's getting SAS'd this summer for the better half to wheel.

Have had quite a few that Ive built thru the years, mostly mini trucks (13 or 14 now I think), but have had a couple FJ60s and 2 other 40s.

Special talent is making junk outta junk lol

Jeremy - Have any pics of your '71 40? I just picked up a '76. Live in the Fox Cities.

Drake
Sturtevant, WI
78 FJ40, SBC400, TH400 Auto, 35" Boggers
Have owned over 16 Landcruisers since 1990 (FJ25, FJ40's, FJ45's, FJ55, FJ60)
Vice President - Phoenix Dynamometer Systems (Sturtevant, WI)
15 years experience in Solidworks 3D CAD (large machine design and assembly)
27 years experience in Mechanical Engineering, metal working, forming, welding, machining, powder coating, machine assembly, quality control
3 years experience in Railroad and Maintenance Equipment design
Wisconsin born and have been wheeling the Crivitz, WI area since 1988.
Couple pics from the bridge building on the Pipeline in the 90's
r5fl6fz.jpg

p31MlH9.jpg

Last edited:
Who has the place off of Packers Ave. (CV) near the airport in Madison? There's a 40, 60, and an 80 sitting in the parking lot with another 60 behind the building... Looks like the 80 was their mode of transportation that day.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

I have driven past that place on the way to work for 5+ years. I have always wanted to stop and say hi, but never have.

1st Name: Scott

Town/City:
Madison/Sun Prairie

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any:
00 LandCruiser, 250k, daily driver, relatively stock other than sound deadening and stereo upgrades. Purchased from Las Vegas and drove it 1800 miles home 3 years ago

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any:
95 LandCruiser, 99 LandCruiser

Any special talents? :
I Installed car stereos, etc... for 10+ years in the 90s, decent wiring/troubleshooting skills and generally handy guy. I do most repairs and maintenance on my cars.

Last edited:
1st Name: Classy

Town/City: Madison

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any:
1998 LX470. Just new Falken WildPeak tires. AHC on its last legs otherwise bog standard.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any:
None

Any special talents? : I get in love with old cars and spend unreasonable amount of money, much to the chagrin of my wife!

MudBog.jpeg