Hood prop rod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
its cold, the hatch struts don't want to hold anymore! Who has a prop rod or other solutions?

Cheers p

The ones that were direct fit are discontinued from Toyota. Most of them will fit with a couple of bends, part outs, pick and pull, etc.

Hi tools,Mimi guessing any prop rod can be reconfigured or are there some that are closer from a brand, model perspective?

Hi tools,Mimi guessing any prop rod can be reconfigured or are there some that are closer from a brand, model perspective?

I was referring to Toyota, the ones we used to get were from the FJ62, but 4runner, Taco, etc.

The 80 series rod is 53451-60010, if you want to chase one?

I also used one from 60 works just fine

I bought the OEM support rod, grommet and clip from Amayama. They had it in stock and I received it in about 3 weeks. With shipping, I was just under $40

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 5.38.14 PM.png

Vise Grips ........
Yup. This is what I used for awhile before pulling a rod from a 4Runner and bending it to fit. The mini vise grip worked great for the short term.

Yup. This is what I used for awhile before pulling a rod from a 4Runner and bending it to fit. The mini vise grip worked great for the short term.
I bought the OEM support rod, grommet and clip from Amayama. They had it in stock and I received it in about 3 weeks. With shipping, I was just under $40

View attachment 1805616

I should of added , " the vise grip (mini) is not a long term solution "

but while acquiring many a Trade-in from used cars while working at the dealerships During T-TEN , this became necessary ,

my first use was a 86 Toyota Cressida and i never looked back

If you want to take a chance ordering from Cruiser Parts they have the prop rod your looking for listed for sale on their web site.
53451-60010
Genuine Toyota

Hood Prop Rod 91-97 80 series. Manual Upgrade
91-97 80 series non U.S. hood prop. Sick of the hood falling down on you? Don't want to spend to money on new hood struts? This is the perfect low cost solution that doesn't wear out! Many years of...

$39.00

... more info

I also used vice grips for about a year. Just replaced the struts a month or two ago, and glad I did :)

Vise Grips ........

Be careful with anything that locks the struts. Used to just closing the hood, if the strut is locked, it's very easy to bend the hood, have seen it a bunch of times.

If you want to take a chance ordering from Cruiser Parts they have the prop rod your looking for listed for sale on their web site.
53451-60010
Genuine Toyota

Hood Prop Rod 91-97 80 series. Manual Upgrade
91-97 80 series non U.S. hood prop. Sick of the hood falling down on you? Don't want to spend to money on new hood struts? This is the perfect low cost solution that doesn't wear out! Many years of...

$39.00

Comes up Not a good part # here in the USA , That Means it IS really a Good Part # if we can find them , most likley Saudi Spec.

... more info

Comes up Not a good part # here in the USA , That Means it IS really a Good Part # if we can find them , most likley Saudi Spec.

View Cart

Discount Prices. Same Day Shipping. No Hassle Returns.

1. Home
  2. Search Results For “53451-60010”
0 Results For “53451-60010”
No results found for "53451-60010". Here are some helpful search tips:

Why not just order new hood struts? A lot of time and effort put forth to reinventing the wheel here......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom