What did you do to your truck today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crank those torsion bars and slap on some 285's and you'll be set. Seriously looks a lot better with the flares gone, never liked them on a 100 but I think they look good on an 80

My son came up to visit for the eclipse and brought one of his 35s for a test fit. Looks like 35s are in my future!!

IMG_5102.JPG

Looks perfect. I'm most impressed that you got the 15" wheel over the late model brakes.

Looks perfect. I'm most impressed that you got the 15" wheel over the late model brakes.

LOL. Yeah, it was a snug fit, needless to say.

IMG_0573.JPG
IMG_0578.JPG

Finally got a chance to work on the 40. Started cleaning up some items and the axle housing.

Safety bulletin: Wear appropriate attire when using power tools. I had on a tee shirt, grinder kicked back and grabbed my shirt. Wire brush ran up my stomach. Have a nice painful strawberry now. Scary. Now I wear my Carhart vest for protection. Hindsight is 20/20 eh? I setup a good workstation to make it a little more comfortable on my back. Unfortunately I got too comfortable and got careless.

D@mn, those look new. Did you just wheel them or were there other chemical agents involved in this cleansing?

Just a wire cup brush on the angle grinder. No chems. I'll go over them again with a pad on the die grinder to finish them off. Then a degreaser and wipe clean. That's prob as far as I can take them. Decided to press the wheel studs out so I could clean around them better. I needed one or two new ones anyway. Needed an excuse to use the press. It gets neglected. My son enjoyed pumping the jack on the press. I'm finally getting a little help out of him.

Forgot to post this a few days ago. Washed the cruiser, parked it under these trees for my daughters game. And damn it. You might know, one of those suckers was a pine. Sap everywhere. :bang:

IMG_1900.jpg

Who remembers my winch failing at the very top of trail 16 at Gsmtr?
Just got around to replacing it with this M8000 :)

FBC4B8F2-16B9-4808-86CC-8F6D4E871061.jpeg

Ahhh...gotcha. I need some new tires soon and waffle back and forth between about 3 or 4 different brands, etc., and recently was thinking about Duratracs again and was going to get your opinion.

New (re-manufactured) front calipers from Napa. Went to do the brakes and found two stuck pistons. I'm too old and too busy to try and rebuild the calipers, so bought these from Napa. Very nice.

IMG_5877.JPG

NAPA is my go to for calipers and rotors. Nice work.

Went with a buddy at work up to Morgan County yesterday evening and drove through the Nemo Tunnel and did a couple of the trails up there. Very mild stuff (although the tunnel had over 2' of water in it in places) but it was still fun to get out there and get my mall crawler dirty.

IMG_0110_1.jpeg

I actually just ran across the Nemo Tunnel last week. I figured it was mostly forest roads, but seemed like it might be a fun day trip to just explore.

The reality is that there isn't much there. The tunnel is neat and there are a couple of trails, but you can pretty much do everything vehicle-related in an hour or so. You could run the trails both directions a couple of times, but that's about it. There is a decent parking/picnic area, an old abandoned train trestle, some hiking trails and the Emory River right here, so it could be expanded into a nice afternoon trip for a family. We had the place to ourselves, though, so that was pretty cool.

As a side trip for the adventure, the old Brushy Mountain State Prison is pretty close and they have tours, etc. We went by there last night after it was closed. Kind of eerie.

IMG_6015.JPG

Not much of an exciting picture, but we went and ran the Hurricane Creek trail and then drove up to Max Patch this past Sunday. I went with that Jeep buddy of mine at work, but pointed out to my son that every other vehicle we saw on the trail (a whopping 3!) were Toyotas. :) I am really liking the Duratracs. Hurricane Creek is pretty easy, but I didn't even spin a tire on the whole thing.

This is right at the trail head on I-40 in NC... Not much of an action shot...

MP_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom