turbo 350 transmission adapter seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 1970 Fj40 which has 350 turbo transmission the adapter that goes between the transmission and TC has a seal not sure where to get the seal not sure who makes the adapter I saw Advanced adapter it is 5 1/2" long mine is like 3" I will post some pictures also.

Turbo TRANS fj40 1.JPG

Turbo TRANS fj40 2.JPG

Turbo TRANS fj40.jpg

Last edited:
I have never seen an AA TH350 adapter that was not about 5" thick ??? Regardless, my best guess is that adapter uses a stock Landcruiser oil seal (transfer-case input oil seal). With that said, you'll have the best seal between tranny and transfer-case if you (a) put the open side of the seal facing the transmission fluid (not transfer-case fluid as normal), and (b) you put a small circle of RTV silicone glue around the area where the transfer-case top input gear pushes into the back side of the input bearing. This keeps tranny fluid that gets past the seal and bearing from draining rearward through the gear/shaft splines and into the transfer-case.

TLC fever, if you (or anyone else here on Mud) ever breaks the AA transmission output shaft/gear that comes with this AA TH400 adapter, I have a brand new one to gift to a needy soul, gathering dust on my shelf..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom