fuel rail-injectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
pulling the head, intake and exhaust are off, Fuel rail is looking suspect.
20181001_122447.jpg

non sequitur...

suspect of what?

cheers,
george.

If that rail is off of the 1FZ-FE engine that part is NLA from the dealer. So if you need a factory new one, you'll have to contact Beno, because he bought the last ones available for his shop.

The Ultimate 80 Series Parts Discontinued Thread

And another one bites the dust....

23807-66020 1FZ-FE fuel rail.

I bought the last 7 available.
f9e1ce02-3d37-4d8d-b0db-72c563b78b14-jpg.1692393

What reason, other than cosmetic, would someone replace the fuel rail?

I am mostly worried about the shape the injectors are in.
how much carbon should be present on the injectors and in intake manifold open?

I am mostly worried about the shape the injectors are in.
how much carbon should be present on the injectors and in intake manifold open?
My '92 had a lot of carbon in the intake and on the injectors after 300,000 miles and looked worse than yours. I cleaned everything up and replaced the seals and o-rings. I also replaced all the electrical connectors on the wiring harness since they were brittle and a couple of the locking tabs broke when taking them off.

My '92 had a lot of carbon in the intake and on the injectors after 300,000 miles and looked worse than yours. I cleaned everything up and replaced the seals and o-rings. I also replaced all the electrical connectors on the wiring harness since they were brittle and a couple of the locking tabs broke when taking them off.

Do you have a link to those connectors? Mine needs a few...

Did you do a complete engine overhaul?

Did you do a complete engine overhaul?
Head gasket. I got a complete gasket set and replaced pretty much all seals and gaskets except rear main while I was at it. Everything I could get to without pulling the engine. No more leaks! I also replaced the oil pump since I had the pan off, but it didn't really need it. I could still see cross hatching in the cylinder walls and there was no discernible ring groove.

do I need a puller to remove the big gear on the intake cam?
also can I bypass/close off the EGR?

No
Yes

You do need a FSM, or
Factory Service Manual.

Your gonna like it.
Sometimes it takes a bit of browsing to the part you want, but when you do it's all there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom