Expedition Dirt Sunrise - Tim and Kelsey Get Lost... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In updates. Mi espanol is still muey mal.
The fan hitting the shroud just under heavy load tells me a motor mount might be going. Gotta crawl under and take a look.

Yesterday a couple of cops tried to extort 8,000 pesos from us yesterday for nothing. Our Airbnb host who I hadn’t even met talked to the cops after we’d argued with them for a good half hour and made them let us go after a couple hundred pesos. Our last couple hundred in cash. Without cash we couldn’t get off the tollroad and Kelsey was going to have to walk several miles to an ATM to get cash since they don’t accept cards and then a stranger paid the estupido gringos toll for them. Then at the mall where we needed to get a new charging cord for K’s laptop the truck was too tall and they told us there is no other parking and we must leave. Sun going down... long day... half lost in this giant city. (Mexico City). Then the Valet says he’ll watch the car for us and we can park it right there. Even though Valet is ONLY for those eating at a fancy restaurant nearby.

Then we got to our Airbnb and it’s awesome. So, 2 bad policia’s flanked by 3 or more great strangers more than restores faith in humanity and this great country. So, don’t take this as bitching, but just one crazy day of our adventure that was too insane not to share.

In other news. Next video is up! We’re trying to get a couple backlogged this time while we have a roof over our heads, power in our laptops and wifi.

Oh, and we got stuck in the mud and almost rolled the truck 2 days ago leaving a sketchy camp spot we found when it started dumping rain. Pulled winchline etc all is well.

Cool videos but just remember the most Youtube videos you post, the more people who will want to "discover" the hidden treasures. They are sacred!

Cool videos but just remember the most Youtube videos you post, the more people who will want to "discover" the hidden treasures. They are sacred!
Agreed, I try not to mention anything specific and folks have been messaging us asking for locations which I don't do, but really...if you just refuse to leave the Playa the whole way down on either side, it's rad. No big trick to it, just endless hours of offroading to find the good stuff.
I dread the day when they improve or worse, pave, any of these roads. Then the masses will show up... :-(

Agreed, I try not to mention anything specific and folks have been messaging us asking for locations which I don't do, but really...if you just refuse to leave the Playa the whole way down on either side, it's rad. No big trick to it, just endless hours of offroading to find the good stuff.
I dread the day when they improve or worse, pave, any of these roads. Then the masses will show up... :-(

I think you can look into the crystal ball by looking at what has happened from paving Mex5 on the Gulf side. Shoot, just look at what happened to LA Bay after they paved the 40 miles from Mex 1 to the bay.

Enjoy it while you can. We are looking at more pavement and fences.

I haven't been posting each new video because it's not really part of the truck build and I don't want to be a spammer, but if you want to follow along check out the Youtube page and subscribe so you'll get notified each time we post up.
Here is the current one, but I won't post here anymore. Cheers!

We finally make it around the tip of Baja and into the heat of the Sea of Cortez, blow some shocks up (It's what Baja does) and head for mainland Mexico!

@SOAZtim I've been watching your trip videos and it looks like you guys are having a great time! On my list is a family trip to baja, I'm slowly but surely getting the cruiser base lined and having intel on real world experiences such as yours is immensely helpful in planning.

@SOAZtim I've been watching your trip videos and it looks like you guys are having a great time! On my list is a family trip to baja, I'm slowly but surely getting the cruiser base lined and having intel on real world experiences such as yours is immensely helpful in planning.
Thanks Zack, so far so great. We're enjoying the mountains and jungles of Mexico mainland, but if I could snap my fingers to be at a beach in Baja again, I just might!

This is Awesome ! Love the videos I really want to make a run south of the border
Thanks! Do it! So much good stuff

We are headed to Baja for most of the month of November. Thanks for posting videos, they keep us phsyced for our trip.

This week we blow out a tire, fix shock bushings and decide to keep remote camping in Cartel country. What could go wrong?

Just discovered your guys' vidz.. Time to sit and binge watch... Keep'em coming....Good Luck out there... P.s., you guys should check out the region of Los Altos in Jalisco, that my friend is true Mexico...

Next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom