Top mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
112BCD4C-EBA5-4E7A-95B5-B03DC052D026.png
561B2B87-799F-412F-8274-644987E4A193.png
Can anyone tell me why the inlet opening is in different positions for a 75series & 80series for a 1hz, i am stumped! Thanks

Here is my 75 1hz. Its probably because of where the turbo sits, i know that on my 75 it is impossible to remove the alternator with the turbo there. So i removed the fan and had to pull it out the front. But I'd emagine that there would be more room on a 80 for the turbo to sit back thus allowing it to sit in the factory location for the 1hd-t which shares the same block as the 1hz. With the turbo in the factory location on the 80 the alternator can be removed from behind, wheres the 75 never had turbos from factory.

20180903_175049.jpg

20180903_175037.jpg

20180903_175131.jpg

Thanks Guys
But im still confused,
So the question is
I have a 1hz in a 75 series with
A factory exhaust manifold out of
A 80 series
What one do I purchase?
Every 75 & 80 i have looked at, the turbo is in exactly the same position

Thanks Guys
But im still confused,
So the question is
I have a 1hz in a 75 series with
A factory exhaust manifold out of
A 80 series
What one do I purchase?
Every 75 & 80 i have looked at, the turbo is in exactly the same position
Sorry I'm not too sure in regards to the 80 manifold. I am thinking that u need a 75 one still but i don't know for sure. @AussieHJCruza might know.

Sorry if I've missed something, but the inlet into the intake manifold on a 1HZ/1HD are centered - this shouldn't need to change.
The variation would be in where the turbo is mounted on the exhaust side. Factory turbo trucks have it pretty well centered, maybe a bit to the rear of the middle of the engine. If this is a HZJ75 it's gonna have an aftermarket turbo kit in it, and depending on whose kit it is, this could change where the turbo sits.

EDIT: If you're using a 1HD-# exhaust manifold and a CT26 turbo (Or bolt-in equivalent or upgrade) then you want the 80 series intercooler I would say, but there may be a difference in height off the rocker cover or something else. Might pay to check with the seller regarding what the difference is between them.

My turbo is the dts one and it sits with reasonable amount of room with the 75 intercooler. I do have a 2 inch body lift though and that gives it alot more clearance. Imo if an 80 series intercooler was used and no body lift was installed i would almost certainly say that the turbo would be too close to the tub. Also i presume that the intercoolers are the same with a different outlet so i am going as far to bet that the manufacturer had to modify the intercooler to make it fit on the 75. The problem with using the 80 intercooler is going to be contact with the body.

20180928_124434.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom