72 FJ 40 wheel color codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 72 FJ 40. The previous owner had some material sprayed onto the wheels. I want to sand blast them, powder coat, and then paint them the stock color. Does anyone know the paint code for the stock wheel color?
fullsizeoutput_17db.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_17df.jpeg

This website has the paint: Land Cruiser Gray Trim Paint is Hand Mixed by CCOT to Match Original Color. but it says for FJ40 from 1979 to 1984. Is the color the same for 1972?

I believe the answer is yes....sort of. The metal flake color used on the cluster, glovebox, center console, etc. is not the same as the wheel color CCOT is showing in that pic. @JohnnyC talks about this in the thread I linked above.

"too much getting bent over the exactness of the color... but... the truth is... the color has changed over time, some rims lighter and some darker... and its not just fadded colors..

if you are going exact.... around 72/73 the rims were only painted gray on the outside... black inside and in the rim till the wagon style came out... pre 72/73 were gray all around... and earlyer rims were black till 68 model... and 25's were body color

in a nutshell:
E-60 body color
61-67 black rims
68-72/73 gray rims
72/73 - 7/80 gray outside only
8/80-84 white wagon wheels"

It's a little blurry, but to back up his listings here's the family '68 I learned how to drive on in the 80's with original wheels. They were gray.

1980-01-01 00.00.00-3_preview.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom