PTO winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
upload_2018-9-24_19-25-6.jpeg

upload_2018-9-24_19-25-41.jpeg

Found this on c/l. The guy does not seem to have much information on this, and I’m not familiar enough with pto winch to know what to ask or look for. Any thoughts/education would be much appreciated

Thanks

Bill

I did ask him if it was in working order. He said he did not know, but said it may need some “soaking “

Following this. I have a complete one in great condition and never enquired about its value. It's on a bj70 1985.

No, but i will get some next time I am at the garage.

Following this. I have a complete one in great condition and never enquired about its value. It's on a bj70 1985.

Could be wrong but believe the single direction PTO bolted to a split transfer case had the worm gear in the winch reversed. By 75 believe that is what you have. Best used as a matter set (PTO/winch). Not a bad thing just perfer the two direction. Driveline mods will be required on anything other than a 70 series.

Bill
Does the CL guy have the pillow block, the tranfer gearbox and rest of the drive shaft assembly? I would think the winch absent everything else would be a bit less valueable.
:meh: Offer him +\- $250

if operable, I think $250-$400 would be good but you would need to accumulate a bunch of extra stuff--some of which is hard to find; I prefer plug and play--more expensive but less hassle

I would not sell what you have for less than $1,800 maybe more. Of course, I know someone selling an OEM PTO complete winch for a 40 for $5,000–still in Toyota crate and yes, maybe $1,000 too high but hey, they don’t make these anymore so not outrageous in my view

Watch for collision damage on any PTO winch. A cracked casting will make it a lot less interesting and valuable.

I have a buddy that's got one of the old three speed PTO's that's complete (only thing that may be missing is the shift lever).

see if he will stick a screw driver in the yoke and turn it if he can get a full revolution chances are a rebuild or cleaning will fix it just my o2

see if he will stick a screw driver in the yoke and turn it if he can get a full revolution chances are a rebuild or cleaning will fix it just my o2
He’s doing that for me tonight. Thanks fro the suggestion

Watch for collision damage on any PTO winch. A cracked casting will make it a lot less interesting and valuable.
All pics that I’ve seen looks like there is no damage. Thanks for your input

if operable, I think $250-$400 would be good but you would need to accumulate a bunch of extra stuff--some of which is hard to find; I prefer plug and play--more expensive but less hassle
I like the plug and play option too but I’m trying to bring this 40 back to original. Thanks for ur input!

Bill
Does the CL guy have the pillow block, the tranfer gearbox and rest of the drive shaft assembly? I would think the winch absent everything else would be a bit less valueable.
:meh: Offer him +\- $250
All he has is what’s in the pic. I agreed to pay $200 plus the trip. I’m a bit nervous on this purchase, but we’ll see. The pics make it look like there is no external damage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom