alignment needed after lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will be installing a 2.5 OME lift with new tires. I read through a lot of lift posts but they did not say if an alignment was needed or suggested after the lift. I thought it might be a good idea but don't want to waist the money if not.

Not really needed, caster changes, but is corrected by whatever method used or not, doesn't matter they aren't going to, cant adjust it. The main thing that changes is steering wheel center, easy to adjust, also a good idea to check/set the toe. All simple to do with rudimentary tools.

Alignment Setting Toe

If you're installing the lift then you probably have the rudimentary tools to adjust toe. To me, rudimentary tools are a bfh and a sawzall. After getting the 2.5 OME lift and landtank plates installed I took it to Toyota for an alignment mainly because I was interested to see what the caster was. Turned out to be 2.6 left and 2.8 right. However, before they could do it I was advised I'd need a new wheel bearing on the right side and suggested new tie rod ends. After all that was finished finally got the alignment. Good news is, the alignment was cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom