Check the distributor cap screws (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was going 80 down a dirt road in central Nevada and all of the sudden the cruiser dies and the cruiser rolls to a stop. No one around for miles, nothing, just my girlfriend and I. So I get out and start checking the basics and I found the distributor cap off and the rotor missing.. great.. I explain to my girlfriend the situation and that we have to walk back down the road to maybe find the rotor and hopefully it’s in one piece. Sure as sh*t she finds it a few hundred yards down the road and then we put it back together and she had a slight grumble for a minute and then was good to go thankfully! The nearest town was an hour away, and the nearest auto part store is 2.5 hours away and is tiny with no inventory and would have to order the part in. I replaced this stuff 6 months ago and have put a few thousand miles on them since and no issues till being out there. I am going to use some blue locktite on them and get a new set plus spares to carry from now on.

7202D6E1-EF5D-4897-B282-A16C1DC041F8.jpeg

CE4532B5-E5B3-43DF-A56E-F26CAE76A940.jpeg

DCB24DEC-C49D-47A5-8D5E-AC3EE9C8D2A2.jpeg

D2728E8C-782D-4EB6-B164-158067A28A42.jpeg

Glad your gf found it!! Otherwise it will be spending nights in the middle of no where.

Glad your gf found it!! Otherwise it will be spending nights in the middle of no where.

No joke! We were camping out there anyway so that wouldn’t have been too big of a deal. Walking and finding someone would have been terrible !

You got damn lucky it didn't bust the cap in half!

Get a new cap and rotor, then make sure the screws are tight. Don't OVER-tighten them though.

You got damn lucky it didn't bust the cap in half!

Get a new cap and rotor, then make sure the screws are tight. Don't OVER-tighten them though.

Felt very thankful!

Yeah I just go a hair past snug with the screw driver, but they’re getting blue lock-tite now just in case

Glad you're okay but I think it's a silly part to carry as a spare... an over-reaction. The cap and rotor you had on 7 months ago never came off on their own, right? Sh*t happens :meh:

...Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself, having just replaced my own cap and rotor a week agoo_O

Glad you're okay but I think it's a silly part to carry as a spare... an over-reaction. The cap and rotor you had on 7 months ago never came off on their own, right? Sh*t happens :meh:

...Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself, having just replaced my own cap and rotor a week agoo_O

Check those bolts periodically :bang:

I’ve always used a socket not the screwdriver on those, try that get ya little tighter then screwdriver will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom