Question about removing the upper rear brake/tail light (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. 2006 LC. I've finally started ripping apart my rear cargo area (3rd row seats removed long ago) as I clearly have a leak somewhere. Sitting in the back while my wife ran through the carwash revealed the trouble spot. First up is the upper rear brake/tail light on the upper hatch. I'm ready to remove it, clean it, and RTV the heck out of it. I pulled the rubber plus on the inside of the hatch to access the brake/tail light mounts. I consider myself reasonably handy, but I cannot figure out how the remove that light. The mounts almost look like a pop rivet. I know they aren't, but I'm not sure how or with what tool to remove it. Any hints/advice? TIA!

When you open your rear hatch look for the wiring for the third brake light, (You need to unplug it anyways) you will also see two black plugs maybe one inch or so in diameter and these need to be removed to get your 10mm socket to the nuts.

Thanks klax18 and Greenbean for the lead on nut size. I pulled those plugs yesterday before posting and looked up in there as best I could. They did not look like nuts! And 2001LC, thanks for the link to that thread. I searched before posting, but apparently am not skilled enough. That thread is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom