Door handle adjustments (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My door handles have been awful since I took possession of my FJ40. Passenger side outer door handle was cracked and needed to be opened from the inside with a lot of force. Driver side needed a lot pressure at the middle top of the outer handle to open.

All new equipment purchased including OEM outer handles, door regulators, inner door handles. The only thing I didn't replace is the lock mechanism. I now have 3 questions maybe someone could help with:

1. The outer door handles will open the doors but the inner handles need a lot of pressure pushing the door open to work. I can see that the outer door handle moves the mechanism more than the inner. Do I just add a bend to the inner wire to shorten it? I've already tried loosening the screws and pushing it as fall forward as possible.

2. The outer door handle does not "return" after opening. Is this adjustment or just lack of white grease?

3. There are large gaps around the outside of the outer door handle. What have you used to seal them up? PO had duct tape over the holes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom