Meeting-Sweet Caroline? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bambino840

Jive Turkey
SILVER Star
Threads
Here is what you missed.

1.Scouting trip to the Caroline / Rocky area to take place in Oct 12,13,14 to find a winter event area and trails.Weather pending for camping.Exploratory run so if you plan on attending plan on turning around a lot and hope for success but you never know.

1.(b) Tentative date for winter event was Family day long weekend in February

2.Possible name was Sweet Caroline Winter Run but open to suggestions

3. Leo was voted in for swag man again ( as per club bylaw if you aren't there the job is yours, also looking forward to your presidency, this other guy is a tyrant( get it ,TYrant Bahaaa!!))

4. Salmon has just realized after several years that meetings start at 6:30 not 7:30. Eating by himself every time wasn't a big enough clue

5. Trail suggestions are more than welcome, I know some of you have been down there a few times

6. The Canadian Brewhouse was a bad choice, LOUD and packed. The I's will be spoken too...

****The more sponsors the better. Our trips have been very successful due to the generosity of our sponsors. We are hoping that the club as a whole can utilize any resources possible to generate raffle swag and help make another great event****

Sponsor suggestions- Your Mama, vendors you use at work, vendors that you may be using for parts right now ie: Cruiser Outfitters, Dan @ 4wheel has always been good, etc. The home made prizes were a great idea, 1 per person and time is on your side .

I would suggest posting who you plan on contacting for swag to avoid bombarding certain people.

Once we have established a plan and trails we will determine pricing and our lodging

Thanks for the meeting meetings minutes and sorry I missed the beginning.

I will make sure to be there next month at 7:00pm sharp, don't want to be "That Guy".

I checked with Kerry and we are good to go for that weekend in October. Just splurged and bought the Smittybilt XL Roof Top Tent. Stocked to put on this weekend.

As for the name you got my vote, love Neil Diamond.

Looking forward to February,

Ibex

I’m interested in the scouting trip but won’t be able to know until I get back and look at what I have going on for work...- we know what that means likely a last minute flake.

We have time which means that try to make purchases from our vendors we plan on requesting sponsorship from, charity work I feel it’s important we participate in yet another charity event before the end of the year.

Presidency: Tylerarchy is beneficial because while a Tyrant he knows what he’s doing.

Swag: hats were a hit last year, I ordered four lost 1 on my dime but sold 3. Hoodies were a bit steep so I have an idea for this year to get quality under that 100 mark. I’d like to get T-shirt’s under 30$. No profits were made on last years gear in fact the number is not a small red number, but I have a better understanding what to order for this year.

Last edited:
Copied from Ghost Wheelers

"I can point you into some trails, I'll unfortunately be at work during this time. I will be scouting a trail I've always wanted to try on the quad next weekend. Due to a lot of the hills and logging in the Caroline area they are either too steep to do in the winter or no longer in existence. We have our Christmas tree run trail that is a 2 part trail that is pretty easy that would be a decent trail to do. I'll get back to you with my findings after next weekend."

In addition there are a lot of trails/powerline runs on the east side of the forestry trunk road to the south of the Clearwater river.

Leo

I agree on the charity work. Although we have done various things inconsistently we a have always tried to give. Maybe create a new thread for ideas on this one. We’ve done labour as well as just plain give so either or I’m in.

Jon

Would appreciate a local perspective. I know you guys were born and bread there so your recommendations become a huge time saver. Thanks

Trying to think if I'll be in the Edmonton area. Maybe I'll swing up before the Thanksgiving weekend and we can grab a beverage or two.

Copied from Ghost Wheelers

"I can point you into some trails, I'll unfortunately be at work during this time. I will be scouting a trail I've always wanted to try on the quad next weekend. Due to a lot of the hills and logging in the Caroline area they are either too steep to do in the winter or no longer in existence. We have our Christmas tree run trail that is a 2 part trail that is pretty easy that would be a decent trail to do. I'll get back to you with my findings after next weekend."

In addition there are a lot of trails/powerline runs on the east side of the forestry trunk road to the south of the Clearwater river.

The trail we did a few weeks back was pretty good. Would be pretty sketchy in the winter though!

John, your on the up and up with the area classifications too. I don't think there has been any changes in that area yet, just further south still?

The trail we did a few weeks back was pretty good. Would be pretty sketchy in the winter though!

John, your on the up and up with the area classifications too. I don't think there has been any changes in that area yet, just further south still?

Yeah that's a no go trail in the winter. No they haven't really changed it's just logging has taken out a lot of the trails. I'll get back to you after the weekend may have a trail in mind.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to check in and see if there was interest in still doing a scouting run the weekend of October 13 - 14th. Let me know, I am interested and got a chance to install my tent I am so excited.

Ibex

I’m still gunning for it. I’ve never been so don’t know of any trails . What time do you think you can depart?

I might be a last minute addition for this weekend. I believe I can also find the entrance to the trail John was speaking of above. I'll know more later in the week.

Hmm, we kinda already made plans to go to Brazeau instead. Didn't seem like there was much interest and it allows us to head out early Saturday instead . Hope that doesn't screw you up. If you can , head there instead. Looks like there is a few trails with variety to try.

So far its me, Salmon, Scott, and my kid. Taco, Hzj77, 4 runner and 4 runner

How about meet at the Tim Hortons on 16a in front of the staples in spruce grove at 7 , quick snack/bevy and then head out. If everything goes good we should be airing down before 9.

Does that work for you guys?

Camp Saturday for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom