Has Man a Fre Stopped Making Caster Drop Brackets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great info and insights. Where can one get everything dialed in correctly so the suspension, steering etc is all perfectly balanced for a 3” loft?

Wow if fuel was a dollar a gallon here in Australia we'd be laughing! :cool: Current retail price of diesel fuel at a service station in Sydney or Newcastle regions is averaging a bit over A$1.50 a litre at present.

But yes it's an interesting demonstrating of how economies of scale work. TBH I am amazing there's never been manual gearbox radius arm drop boxes made for Australia and ADR approved (Aus equiv of DOV approval) for public road use. But with 25 million instead of 250 million people there's 1/10th the market of the USA.

And because Australia (like the UK and other places) is a RHD country, all the steering components are different to those for the USA (a LHD country).

We do have good well-engineering aftermarket stuff but probably a lot more limited in scope.

Wow if fuel was a dollar a gallon here in Australia we'd be laughing! :cool: Current retail price of diesel fuel at a service station in Sydney or Newcastle regions is averaging a bit over A$1.50 a litre at present.

But yes it's an interesting demonstrating of how economies of scale work. TBH I am amazing there's never been manual gearbox radius arm drop boxes made for Australia and ADR approved (Aus equiv of DOV approval) for public road use. But with 25 million instead of 250 million people there's 1/10th the market of the USA.

And because Australia (like the UK and other places) is a RHD country, all the steering components are different to those for the USA (a LHD country).

We do have good well-engineering aftermarket stuff but probably a lot more limited in scope.

Not a matter of population numbers, it’s a matter of how many 80 series were imported. IIRC we were less than 20,000 every year. All gassers, all automatic transmissions.

i have a pair of 3" manafre drop brackets. I removed them a few months ago when I installed caster plates. these worked great with my original J spring lift. my asking price is $100, and you cover shipping also from Washington state, 98229. The factory powdercoat has flaked off, but theyre in good shape. feel free to PM me

In looking at all the options for caster correction for a 2.5” OME lift, it looks like their drop brackets are the best and easiest option for caster correction when I don’t do much serious off roading. Both the bushings and the plates seem to require extra labor and special tools, making the brackets same easiest. I also read that those other options seem to present vibration and other challenges.

Because of this, Im thinking of staying with stock height because the lift seems to not be a simple plug-and-play installation.

As another option for a lift, I am wondering if 30 mm spacers alone require caster correction?

Lastly, because I do not have the skills or time to do this, I am wondering what a realistic time and cost is for the lift installation. Any thoughts on any of this?

Thanks!

BB
Try to find the brackets. I used the bushings and only lasted a little over one year and the truck still had suspension issues. Once I installed the Drop brackets, the truck behaved like it was never lifted, more like OEM.

I am looking for a pair of 2" drop brackets.

There is a "want to buy" thread in the classified section I opened a while back. But I'll try here too.

I haven't checked for a drop pitman with matched drop panhard but I would think that is essential. If anywhere, I would guess Australia would be doing it

Australia has very strict vehicle modification laws. Our aftermarket options are somewhat limited by this.
A lot of the modified rigs on mud would not get past the city limits over here without being stopped and defected as unroadworthy.

in a lot of states, we are legally limited to a maximum vehicle height increase of 2", that's combined spring lift and increase in tyre size.
If you can find an engineer who'll certify a higher lift, it's an expensive process. Or, take your chances with an illegally modified vehicle.

Those are sold to another member. I do have 1 set of 4" if interested.

@hawould - I may be interested in your 4" brackets if they are still available. Tag me here or PM me please.

Let me make sure these will work for me and can be used with my sliders and I will get back to you asap. PM price please.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom