Picked up a 24v rear license plate assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GMSilk_Fj60

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 1987 FJ60 with a 2f so i believe I am running a 12v setup. I couldnt pass up a good deal on a rear licenseplate assembly but now see printed in red below on the underside a "24v". It looks like a simple single wire setup with the lights grounded to a simple plate in the assembly? Does 24v vs 12v really matter on this assembly? What do I need to adjust to make this work. Any help is appreciated!

Just the bulbs, perhaps the bulb fixture

If you decide you do not want it, I'll buy it

Is your assembly new or used? I just purchased a NOS piece online and when it arrived, some of the rivets had failed. It was no issue to fix them once I found out, but you will want to check before you plan to install so that you don't get a surprise when it's inconvenient.

Is your assembly new or used? I just purchased a NOS piece online and when it arrived, some of the rivets had failed. It was no issue to fix them once I found out, but you will want to check before you plan to install so that you don't get a surprise when it's inconvenient.

I bought a new one and drilled all the rivets out. Painted the backside of the chrome and the light assembly with several coats of paint and put it back together. They seem to rust out from the rear. Anything I can do to slow that down seems beneficial

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom