Delete Power Steering Pump on 1KZ-TE? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone quick question, has anyone done or heard of deleting the power steering pump on the 1KZ-TE engine?

I have a ‘94 engine living in a FJ40 that will be getting electric power steering so no need for the pump. Im just unsure of gear driven pumps and what effect the lack of one may have on other parts.

Googling yielded no results.

Thanks in advance.

To my knowledge, the front of the 1KZ is similar to the 1HZ. The pump on the 1HZ can be safely removed and some models came that way,although they had their own specific alloy plate with no hole. So there is nothing I can think of that would affect anything else. What is happening with the power steering box?
But Im not sure why you would want to delete this pump, they are very reliable.

Ok that’s good to hear, I’ll remove the pump today and see.

I am using the original manual steering box from the 40, the input shaft will have an electric motor in between the steering wheel and the steering box. This option lets me use the original steering setup with little modification compared to a hydraulic conversion from Saginaw and I have a adjustable steering “feel” for different occasions should I want.

Last edited:
Bringing up an old thread but how did you go I've got a 1hz and I'm hoping to run factory hj47 manual steer untill I get the money to do the power steering conversion correctly can the pump simply be removed ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom