What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (86 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A3EB21C0-C04B-4646-8911-2944B3A1DDA7.jpeg
3F27BC6B-196E-4D16-8175-7530C3CD646D.jpeg
Having some cooling issues going over the grapevine right now. Snapped this right as I was pulling over. No leaks but it’s overflowing from the reservoir. Coolant looks pretty sludgy, hopefully I’ll make it into LA. Letting it cool off at a water stop for now. Never had overheating problems before!

View attachment 1794630 View attachment 1794631 Having some cooling issues going over the grapevine right now. Snapped this right as I was pulling over. No leaks but it’s overflowing from the reservoir. Coolant looks pretty sludgy, hopefully I’ll make it into LA. Letting it cool off at a water stop for now. Never had overheating problems before!

sludgy and cooling system are not two words that should go together..lol...flush it good and check to see if your clutch fan is doing its job!...

Lol - I feel like we're in Louis C.K.'s "awesome possum" joke. White 80, aux tank, blah, blah, blah.

Loaded up the family and all the gear and headed out to Yosemite for some camping with good friends.

First time loading up the Slinky heavy springs and they were awesome. The Cruiser rode like a Caddy and the body movement was much more controlled compared to the old OME set up I had.

I got 440 miles from one fill up with the aux. tank, which got me from Santa Clara to Yosemite and back, with a side trip to glacier point.

View attachment 1787786 View attachment 1787787 View attachment 1787788

sludgy and cooling system are not two words that should go together..lol...flush it good and check to see if your clutch fan is doing its job!...

Will do. After letting it cool and topping it off with coolant I was ok, ran the heater the rest of the way over the pass just to be sure. I’m on my way to Tucson, once I get there I’ll overhaul the whole system.

Riddle me this?
A wizard with no hat, a master of tools, a whisperer of 80's, where he goes only the cruiser knows?

Bad News First: 1. Flushed radiator, it was a green yellow putrid spit that came out, I think I witnessed an exorcism 2. Heater valve disintegrated on driver side too 3. No go for Grand Canyon.

Looking into radiator:
View attachment 1781647

exorcism begins:View attachment 1781645

Nice headlights...they look good. Do you like them? Where did you get them and who is the manufacturer?

865DB6CC-9096-45DD-B7FE-DBCE9440DF3A.jpeg
So I’m trekking from San Jose to Tucson, had that overheating problem earlier. Pulled over to get some rest in Blythe and check out what’s in the parking lot, next to a nice fj60... hood reads "DEATH COMES RIPPIN". Thing is terrifyingly awesome. Man I love road trips haha.

GTFO the city for a long weekend in the South San Juans. Plenty of people up there in hunt camps, but my wife and our dogs and I had the run of the place, at least as far as fly-fishing goes.

We saw moose in two different drainages - the first day it was one cow and one calf, and the second day another cow and two calves! I ended up catching what I think are all the trout species in the San Juans - rainbow, brown, brook and cutthroat - and my wife and I doubled up with hooked fish two different times in the same beaver pond. We ran into one very cool, built 1st generation Tacoma and one awesome old 60 in our travels - truck was flawless and sunsets were pushing 9s on a 10-point scale. View attachment 1786113 View attachment 1786115 View attachment 1786116

Nice brownie. That's exactly what I'm outfitting my cruiser for!

View attachment 1794898 So I’m trekking from San Jose to Tucson, had that overheating problem earlier. Pulled over to get some rest in Blythe and check out what’s in the parking lot, next to a nice fj60... hood reads "DEATH COMES RIPPIN". Thing is terrifyingly awesome. Man I love road trips haha.
"road warriors" abound the remote stretches of southwestern highways. It's the coolest...

Replaced my PS slider window with a LCP flip-up for easier fridge access.

Great product, great customer service. Thanks Phil!

IMG_9767.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

Replaced the rear brakes and power steering reservoir. Discovered globs of black grease spun in my wheel wells and all under the slider and up the body on the right side. Must have ran over a tub of grease??? No idea where it came from.

Combo of this weekend and last weekend: Mounted my amp to my sub box and wired it all up and now I can actually hear my music over the wind (4 windows down) and the hum of the tires. Fixed my passenger side back door window dropping into the door issue. Fixed my back hatch lock issue (kind of). Put on my Cabela's "Trail Gear" seat covers. Fixed my drivers side front door lock actuator issue. I think that's about it.

F3F445A2-F480-42F0-B3FB-F1AA0665E075.jpeg

Flex testing icon stage 3 lift.

Nice headlights...they look good. Do you like them? Where did you get them and who is the manufacturer?

I got them off of CARID.com, I don't recall the name but I love them. It gives the LC a little face lift.

Zona

Well the transmission has finally given up the ghosts after 14,000 miles I think. Drove her all day with no problem besides the one described a few months ago which turned out to be the torque converter. Mustang was stuck at a fishing hole and I decided to gently pull it (didn’t go over 2500 rpms. Let the 80 sit running for a minute and come back to an at temp light. Let it sit for 30 minutes and light came back on, pull over on base and fluid is pouring from underneath. Going to see if I can limp her to the parking lot about 2 miles away once it cools again, let’s hope I can make it. Pics from today
3674285C-D2C3-43DD-942C-27A8E01E84DF.jpeg

E750229D-B1EE-4CD8-9A43-D10046BE9636.jpeg

039B3CEF-ACC6-4C6A-8559-06EF811AE716.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom