Fog Light Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Team -

I've looked at all the great fog light ideals on MUD, and am basically looking for confirmation on the following plan for my fogs, which are currently needing replacement due to age (not very clear anymore especially in comparison to headlights, see pic).

I either plan to :

1. order depo housing replacements

2. order an upgrade housing. I've seen a couple options on ebay, but they seem cheap and I'm not sure the best way to go? Would be interested to know if anyone has had success with these options such as this one:

For Toyota Land Cruiser 100 105 98 - 07 LED Modified Front Fog Lights L & R Set | eBay

Pics help if you've found a successful solution, thanks!

IMG_0251.jpg

Buy a 3M Headlight restoration kit for $15 off Amazon....takes 15 minutes to clean them and they will look like new. Did mine recently.

Get the oe blind covers and you will not have to deal with it anymore. Ever.

Thanks @uHu -

I'm unfamiliar, and google is showing me all sorts of results. Could you provide a link to the product? Would love to never deal with anymore ever again, thats the goal!

You can clear the foggy lens by rubbing toothpaste with a cotton cloth.

I noticed you have HID projectors in your headlights ... have you considered retrofitting the Morimoto Matchbox projector in your fog lights?...
I retrofitted the Matchbox in the LX470 fog light... replaced the halogen projector. I fab a bracket out of sheet metal used the factory attachment points allowing height adjustment you get the nice cut off . I had a few bracket laser cut.. Not sure if they'd work inside the LC fog light but if you open one up I can probably figure out a way to install one.

Scroll down on the link and you'll see.

LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET

img_2343-jpg.1531506

bc9716b3-2b7e-4e7d-934d-0a7ee0700543-jpeg.1726993

@Spike555 thanks for the suggestion, hadn't heard of Opt7 but another great looking resource!

@Luke111 If I was going to deep dive I would definitely retrofit with projectors in my fogs because that would just be epic. And who knows, maybe I will end up doing that eventually but for the time being due to ease and time required I'm just switching out the housings and adding LEDs. Plus I think I almost gave myself a heart attack with the retro project, it was stressful (especially the oven part for some reason). The combo of the Morimoto 2 Stroke for the DRL/High beams and the Mini H1's for the lo beams has been described as 'the power of 1000 suns' and its true...so I'm throwing more than enough light for the time being. Would be fun to have a high powered 3k contrast against the 5500k white...hmm...

You will all shake your heads in disapproval - but I ended up buying new Depo housings off ebay because I snapped the existing hardware on the current fog housings. this guy sells them: ranma21 on eBay

@Spike555 thanks for the suggestion, hadn't heard of Opt7 but another great looking resource!

@Luke111 If I was going to deep dive I would definitely retrofit with projectors in my fogs because that would just be epic. And who knows, maybe I will end up doing that eventually but for the time being due to ease and time required I'm just switching out the housings and adding LEDs. Plus I think I almost gave myself a heart attack with the retro project, it was stressful (especially the oven part for some reason). The combo of the Morimoto 2 Stroke for the DRL/High beams and the Mini H1's for the lo beams has been described as 'the power of 1000 suns' and its true...so I'm throwing more than enough light for the time being. Would be fun to have a high powered 3k contrast against the 5500k white...hmm...

You will all shake your heads in disapproval - but I ended up buying new Depo housings off ebay because I snapped the existing hardware on the current fog housings. this guy sells them: ranma21 on eBay

There's nothing wrong with Depo housings.. I wish they made replacement fog lights for the LX... I bought a pair of the Chinese knockoff's
which look and fit fine... I question the plastic used for the housing and the lens.. I've had retrofitted Depo's in my 80 since 2011 without single issue..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom