Help Diagnose my Air Suspension Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ElPolloBlanco

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
instagram.com
I have an intermittent suspension issue. Sometimes the rear end bottoms out after sitting a while, other times it’s just fine. I couldn’t get the suspension to do it with the key off, but, I did get it to sit on the bumpstops when I put it on the low setting. The bags just kept bleeding and bleeding. Before I go and do a spring swap, what other part should I check. I don’t think the bags are leaking because it’s not an all the time thing. I think maybe its a bleeder valve getting stuck, but I don’t know much about the GX. I have an FSM from the 80, but not this so I don’t know where to turn.

Have seen the valve leak, also have seen small tears in the bags in the accordian that seal sometimes, and leak sometimes. Has it been on a lift recently before it started having the issue?

Have seen the valve leak, also have seen small tears in the bags in the accordian that seal sometimes, and leak sometimes. Has it been on a lift recently before it started having the issue?

No, it just kinda started one day. Sometimes I’ll come out and it’s sitting on the bump stops and other times its just fine. For what it’s worth, the air seems to be coming out of the top of the divers side bag. I can’t say for sure though. It’s my understanding that simply swapping out for regular springs will allow me to retain the functionality of the selectable damper on the shocks. Is this true? I’m thinking about selling the car to my mother in law as she likes it and I need a truck. But I want to make sure it’s going to be fine for her when I do.

Yep. Swap to stock height springs and keep factory struts /shocks. Honestly more pain than it's worth. Most kits ride better than stock.

Scan it. It’ll probably have a compressor exhaust solenoid code. Or replace the bags with FJ Cruiser springs and be done forever.

Scan it. It’ll probably have a compressor exhaust solenoid code. Or replace the bags with FJ Cruiser springs and be done forever.
Even without a CEL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom