Front Seat Heat Control Switches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question on this -

See pic - my seat buttons keep popping up as if they are unattached. I'm constantly pushing them back down into their respective locations. Everything remains functional, I just want the switches to remain seated because its annoying that they are popping up. Any easy solutions?

Thanks

IMG_0252.jpg

I'd suggest some PVA glue. It sets in kind of a rubbery state and is easily removable from plastic if you don't like the result. It won't do any harm. Just swab some with a cotton swab and clean up with water, and hold it down for a couple of hours with masking tape.

Another question here -

Anybody know how to change the light on the heat seat switch that is off in the picture below (one off, one on, both should be on)? Its not the high or low light (those work), but the light in the middle.

seat heat light.jpg

Another question here -

Anybody know how to change the light on the heat seat switch that is off in the picture below (one off, one on, both should be on)? Its not the high or low light (those work), but the light in the middle.

View attachment 1825321

My high and low lights a out and one heater one also very hard to find globes.

To replace my heater switch lights I used Napa 600-0103 bulbs (3mm) and swapped into the OEM bases. You have to open up the switch, easy to do though. If I recall correctly, this bulb fits most of the illuminated interior switches.

I didn't even know they lit up...:hillbilly:

@Trunk Monkey - thanks for the tip - you literally just pull up and they just pop out, correct? Seems like it, but don't want my list of 'broken things' to get any longer due to my bad assumptions...

@pdxlc thanks for spec'ing the correct light, super helpful!

Can anyone confirm if the light bulbs referenced earlier in the thread work in the later model (03+) dash buttons? I just noticed last night that one of my seat heater buttons has a dead 'center' light, but also my rear defroster button on the console has a dead bulb.

Jumping in here... My passenger seat switch is broken, just got a new one in the mail and looking to replace it. Does anyone have any tips for popping open the center consol trim for installation? I want to make sure my ogre arms don't crack anything....

Jumping in here... My passenger seat switch is broken, just got a new one in the mail and looking to replace it. Does anyone have any tips for popping open the center consol trim for installation? I want to make sure my ogre arms don't crack anything....
you should be able to get a small flathead screwdriver and gently pop the switch out. On the back side (facing the rear of the vehicle) there's a little tab a screwdriver will fit into. Just be careful with it and youll be fine. Otherwise you can remove a bunch of screws that hold down the center panel and pop out from the bottom, but that's a little more invoved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom