U-Joint Regrets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you’re ever thinking you’ll save time and not do it yourself, just do it yourself. We’ve been slammed working 5 12’s for a couple weeks now. I noticed some vibes and heard some odd noises. Figured I’d just pay someone to do it since time with the wife is scarce right now. Bad plan. Picked it up and drove less than a block before I felt horrible vibrations set in at about 30mph. Drove it back to our shop (less than a mile) and parked it.

What I’m wondering is can I “seat” this the rest of the way in, or is the joint toast? This is front shaft, diff side. The front shaft case side is loose too, not as bad.

Here’s a link to it on FB. I never use it, so hopefully you can see the video.

Michael Osoba

Last edited:
That's chonched man

Figured. I asked if they put it back out if phase.

“Phase? Yeah, sure....”

Asked if they balanced it after I felt the vibes.

“The tires?”

I’ve used this company before, 5 years ago. Idiots now I guess.

i feel your pain mjosoba.
I took Elsie in about a year ago for a bad bearing noise in park. Reputable mechanic, friend of a friend, used them 5 or 6 times on other cars. Got a call that my front wheel bearings where shot! I asked them why i only heard the noise in my driveway? gave them the go ahead on the wheel bearings and guess what, didn't make the noise go away. So i asked them to go ahead and replace the idler pulley and voila!- no more noise! They charged me a $75 diagnostic fee:bang:. About a year later i had to take it back to have the wheel bearings done again! Needless to say i didn't have to pay this time. I haven't been back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom