2006 LX470 Clear Master Keys? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi! I'm new to the forum, I think I'm supposed to get some kind of welcome:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:?

I just picked up an '06 LX470. It's not super clean but the price was right. It's quite the upgrade from my 07 Corolla!

Of course, I only got one key from the stealer dealer, so I got three more blanks off of eBay/Amazon. Two 3-button keys and one no-button key. Thanks to the FAQ, I've successfully programmed one of the 3-button keys into a master that starts the car and locks/unlocks wirelessly.
( Programming a master or valet key )

BUT, I can't seem to program the other two keys? I get a weird flash pattern - three flashes then two on repeat - and the key doesn't program.

So, I figured all the keys slots were full and tried to clear the ECU using the FAQ instructions:

A - Delete all keys other than present master key​

1. Make sure all windows are rolled up and all doors are shut.
2. From outside the cat LOCK the cat door with the key.
3. From outside the cat UNLOCK the cat door with the key.
4. Enter vehicle and close the door.
5. Start the cat’s engine.
6. Turn engine off and remove key.
7. Place master key in the ignition lock. (DO NOT TURN ON.)
8. Within 15 seconds press and release the gas pedal 6 times.
9. Within 20 seconds, forcefully press and release the brake pedal 7 times. The Security light will blink.
10. Within 10 seconds, remove the master key. All other keys should be deleted from the cat’s computer.​

It doesn't work for me. though? Could I be pressing the pedals wrong or something? Anyone had success with this?

I also tried to program the other two as a valet key and that didn't work either...

Thanks!

All I can say is to forget the pedal stomping dance and get Techstream. With Techstream you can easily delete all but one master and re register your keys however you want.

Ok thanks, I'll have to look into that. The pedal thing does feel a little silly. If it worked for me it'd probably feel less silly, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom