Air Intake Hose suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

searched the forums a bit, didn't come up with an answer. I have an 86 FJ60, the air intake hose has a decent sized hole in it and after much Ebay searching, talking to the dealership, alas, I can't find one. Currently running tape over it but want to fix it right and proper, would an FJ80 hose work? They seem abundant online and rather cheap, no one seems to list a description of the dimensions though.

Any other ideas?

I made only a few pieces, which have sold. I'm in the process of taking it to production.

Air intake hose1.jpeg
Air intake hose2.jpeg
Air intake hose6.jpeg

azf60, I am in the same boat as well; I can't find one. Racer65 I would like to buy an intake hose from you too; do you have a time frame in mind?

I might have got mine from summit. Not 100% sure. Definitely under $30. It took a few layers of duct tape to make a tight seal on the air cleaner horn and then I used a dryer vent clamp to hold it snug.

4644944D-7102-4511-9CE1-3CD11F38F352.png

I hadn't. Thanks for including it. Looks like a perfect replacement. I unfortunately do not have the hose horn piece that fits into the front grill section so would still need to source that if going with this solution. Still interested in the City Racer one however if it becomes available. I think what @Racer65 and CR are doing is remarkable and would love to support any of those efforts if possible.

I hadn't. Thanks for including it. Looks like a perfect replacement. I unfortunately do not have the hose horn piece that fits into the front grill section so would still need to source that if going with this solution.

HUH? it's all 1 piece from the rad support to the air cleaner.

I've got a few good ones, guess I'd better sell them before I lose the value if reproductions are being produced.

HUH? it's all 1 piece from the rad support to the air cleaner.

The stock one is yes. But to use the hose setup in the link @upperblack posted, you need to cut off the grill end of the OEM hose and attach it to the hose used in the link:

I bought the 20 inch hose but cut the elbow part off of the old intake and attached the new hose to that.

I don't have that as I don't have any of the OEM hose on my truck. So just pointing out I would still need to source that part to use that solution.

The stock one is yes. But to use the hose setup in the link @upperblack posted, you need to cut off the grill end of the OEM hose and attach it to the hose used in the link:

I don't have that as I don't have any of the OEM hose on my truck. So just pointing out I would still need to source that part to use that solution.

that part usually is good, you should be able to find one cheap or cost of shipping. it's the acordian part that breaks.

I apparently missed that in the text about the hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom