Anyone ever installed bigger injectors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, I was just reiterating your question as I was curious too. This thread seemed active then suddenly died off.

I took a bunch of data logs - still have them on my phone. Before I could do anything with them worked picked up and I haven't had time to do analysis. I should have a bunch of travel coming up and might have a bunch of hotel/airplane time with nothing better to do than crunch OBD data, haha.

^^I

I am also going to convert my truck to E85/Flex Fuel so I will need larger injectors regardless and maybe an adjustable fuel regulator.

Why are you trying to convert your truck to running on e85?

I'm sure it could be done. It's not friendly on your fuel system, gathers moisture at alarming rates, breaks down faster....and is priced at the exact % less dollar amount that it is less efficient.

I've thought about converting my 65 cutlass to run on it, but I buy 100 octane low lead pretty cheap from my local airstrip, and throw some 110 leaded in from time to time. But if you needed the octane benefits from it for something I could understand.

Having grown up in a large agricultural state, I think the federal subsidies into the ethanol industries will eventually go down as one of the biggest scams ever pondered up. Just my $ .02 :):worms:

^^I dunno if that's a dig at me or not. Yes I ordered 350cc injectors and I could be right that they will cause me to lose HP! Only way to know is to try. Luckily, when buying used automotive parts; you can test them out and if they don't work turn around and sell them for the same price you bought them for! Amazing!

I am also going to convert my truck to E85/Flex Fuel so I will need larger injectors regardless and maybe an adjustable fuel regulator.

Is your vehicle forced induction in any way? That is the only way that I have heard of gaining anything appreciable from going with E85. When using E85 for the higher octane rating it is rarely ever necessary to use more than a blend of 30-40% E85 to 91/93 octane. With my N54 335i you will run out of turbo capacity well before you need to upgrade the fuel system. Be careful because the alcohol can be very corrosive to some rubber seals on older engine designs.

Having grown up in a large agricultural state, I think the federal subsidies into the ethanol industries will eventually go down as one of the biggest scams ever pondered up. Just my $ .02 :)

Until this scam dies off, I will enjoy the free added HP benefit in my turbo MB and BMW! Blended E85 and Burger Tuning is a good thing ;)

Until this scam dies off, I will enjoy the free added HP benefit in my turbo MB and BMW! Blended E85 and Burger Tuning is a good thing ;)
It definitely has earned its place in some regards! I'll bet not anyway they intended during its inception :rofl:

If a fuel system can handle E10 then it can handle E85. No replacement of lines or hoses or anything required.

If I ever take a road trip to CA again Flex Fuel will pay for itself in one trip. I will be towing a racecar trailer with my LX and therefore need to run at least 87 octane as on 85 octane the motor is way down on power. With E85 I can make the power of 91 or higher octane for the price of 85 octane. While towing I expect less than 10MPG.

I also work in ag and yes it's a scam but it looks like it's here to stay.

It definitely has earned its place in some regards! I'll bet not anyway they intended during its inception :rofl:

Ha ha I agree 100%. The formula now seems to be, only use E85 if using it in a way that you will never see more than 10MPG!

I changed to the 250cc light blue Denso injectors and they are definitely worth it! First time I started it I was wondering what was wrong because the engine was just silent and SMOOTH. So much smoother idle and low speed running, and it was already very smooth. AFR ratio is also much better, the original injectors at WOT the AFR was ~11.3:1 and now at WOT it's ~11.9:1. I wish it was a bit leaner but this is a big improvement already. Partial throttle is where the injectors shine, however. Just so much smoother and more torque down at low RPM.

I was able to get a matched set (ultrasonic cleaned until balanced) with all new seals for about $90, far less than the Dirty Deeds kit, but he does all the homework for you. I'm pretty sure this is the same injector or at least very similar.

VAPuk9L.jpg

Stock '07 4-hole injector on the left, reman 12-hole injector on the right.

1GrMHrf.jpg

Pigtail to connect to factory wiring harness.

I changed to the 250cc light blue Denso injectors and they are definitely worth it! First time I started it I was wondering what was wrong because the engine was just silent and SMOOTH. So much smoother idle and low speed running, and it was already very smooth. AFR ratio is also much better, the original injectors at WOT the AFR was ~11.3:1 and now at WOT it's ~11.9:1. I wish it was a bit leaner but this is a big improvement already. Partial throttle is where the injectors shine, however. Just so much smoother and more torque down at low RPM.

I was able to get a matched set (ultrasonic cleaned until balanced) with all new seals for about $90, far less than the Dirty Deeds kit, but he does all the homework for you. I'm pretty sure this is the same injector or at least very similar.

VAPuk9L.jpg

1GrMHrf.jpg

Where did you get the injectors from? Any improvement in mpg?

VAPuk9L.jpg

1GrMHrf.jpg

"Playing field needs to be level"
To be a fair comparison those old factory Denso will need cleaning, rebuilt and tested. Additionally the old lower seal(s) aren't looking so good, those to would need replacing also.:cautious:

I got them from eBay. The part number is Denso 23250-20030 or 23209-0A020 they can be light blue or pink. Come from 2009+ Toyota 3.3L V6 . Also youll need these adapters for plug and play https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013TQMEXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7RROBb9PZA3YJ

Just put them in the other night so I don't have any mpg results but the tech is legitimate not snake oil.

2001LC you're welcome to come test mine all you want :) I doubt you could get the stock injectors cleaned and balanced for $90. Last place I used charged $25 per injector. It's a big W in my book either way.

I got them from eBay. The part number is Denso 23250-20030 or 23209-0A020 they can be light blue or pink. Come from 2009+ Toyota 3.3L V6 . Also youll need these adapters for plug and play https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013TQMEXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7RROBb9PZA3YJ

Just put them in the other night so I don't have any mpg results but the tech is legitimate not snake oil.

2001LC you're welcome to come test mine all you want :) I doubt you could get the stock injectors cleaned and balanced for $90. Last place I used charged $25 per injector. It's a big W in my book either way.
WOW $90 for a set of 8 new Toyota OEM Denso made..that is unbelievably cheap.

I'll take your old ones. Then have them rebuilt & tested. I'll post up the pre cleaning results.;)

Last edited:
Actually what I did was bypass the factory vacuum switch and plumbed the diaphragm straight to its vacuum source.

I drove around with the intake on my passenger seat testing for an hour or so with vacuum reference hooked up.

What I discovered is that less than 4” of cacuum causes the butterflies to open causing short runner operation. And all the vacuum switch did was make em shorter sooner.

So I figured short runner under load was a given. Without the switch hooked up I’m in short runner mode pretty much anytime here is he need to accelerate. Long runner mode is purely just for light throttle cruising.

The intake makes a huge difference all the way around. The injectors make a difference on everything but top end.

The entire package: injectors, intake, catback all at once makes it a different truck when you’re done. Makes you think, ‘why didn’t Toyota build it like this on the first place’. Well they did, it’s the 5.7. Haha
I take it by your statements you keep the original throttle body and only swap out the manifold and repipe vacuum lines as needed?

Have you, or have you seen plastic manifold swap into 98-02 (drive by throttle cable)?

I'm not trying to "dis" anyone. I truly have and open mind on this issue of fuel injectors and manifolds. Fact is Toyota did increase the amount of holes used over time. From pictures I've seen the 5.7L and other late models use 12 hole. Better atomization is key to efficient burn of fuel, reducing wasted fuel out the tailpipe.

But I see stuff in this thread like odometer at 368 miles and sitting at the pump now filling, without give how many gallons. That is useless data. At 368 miles what was gallons pumped in?

Our tanks are 25.4 US GAL, that less than 15MPG based on a "fill up" from empty.

Also keep in mind we actual get better MPG at higher altitudes, but lower HP:frown:.

In my 01 I could top tank pass first auto shut off of gas pump handle (charcoal canister up front). One time I ran out of gas just before rolling into a gas station (luck). I filled it with 25.3 rig leaning with tank side lower. For grins, I swung around to another pump to lean so gas tank was on high side, filling to the neck. Took a minute of cranking to pull fuel into pump, lines, filter, rails and injectors plus burn 15 seconds worth up to start and pull around to another pump. Total was 25.8 US gallons.

I filled my 2001 up every time I got gas. I topped it squeezing pump trigger three times every time for ~14 years. I tracked miles to every gallon of gas recording on each receipt and transposing onto a spreadsheet. I drove the same routes daily with the same light footed style, tracking it all (seasons, OAT, HAVC use, lights use, radio use, etc). Found a number of things will change MPG. But basing on "filled it up" is meaningless without gallons tracked and done over time. At some point I made a change somehow, which changed when low fuel light came on (earlier), so that light is no indicate of MPG either.

If these 10 or 12 hole injectors are Chinese made or the caps to convert ours fuel injectors are Chinese made. Well, I'd not care to have on any of my rigs. I just can't see them being of a quality worth dealing with, nore surviving the test of time.

Also I'd be a little apprehensive adding wire/jumpers to adapt.

I would however, buy a quality Fuel Injector if would give better atomization without increase fuel dumped into cylinder. That is to say with approximately same or maybe even less CC throughput. Seems if better atomized less fuel would be needed not more.

I can surely see the plastic manifold adding performance (better fuel economy) to top end. The long tubes (runs) of the 2UZ manifold designed, was to improve low end torque. Shorting the runs by opening butterflies at top of runs, is simple way of shorting runs when high torque is no longer needed. The fact plastic may or may not be smooth, is not much a factor. Fact is, companies like Edelbrock stopped polishing manifold, and they actually put in cuts/swirls in manifolds to disrupt air-flow these days. What they found, was when air, more unrestricted, it actual restricts air flow. Seem I wasted my time porting and polishing my 400 CI in my GTO back in the 70's.
Intake VVT.JPG

How do you tune these manifold in earlier models, to take full advantage of, as factory has done in the VVti?

Last edited:
Since you missed it the first time the light blue injectors I installed are Denso manufacture, used, from a Toyota vehicle that have been re-manufactured by balancing their flow rate and all new seals. Nobody has posted Chinese parts in this thread that I know of.
PM sent.

I was looking at PN # you posted, on ebay, and saw seller shipping from China, in the $90 range for sets of 6.

Last edited:
PM sent.

I was looking at PN # you posted, on ebay, and kept see seller shipping from China, in the $90 range for sets of 6.
I sent you an email. Keep looking on ebay I guess, I just saw 3 different sets all from US vendors. Also looks like prices went up I got two sets of 6 for $120. I have 4 injectors left over PM me if someone needs an extra 2 to go with an ebay set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom