Anemic and drive but moves right along in low gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.recordme.com
had my cruiser sitting for about a month now all sorts of strange noises coming from the engine !
to make matters worse drive does not work very anemic starting in D like the engine lost most of its power however when I just put it in L1 it starts right up so there’s plenty of power from the engine.
The harness was recently messed with because of the notorious stuck injector because of mangled harness syndrome.
On pins and needle‘s what it’s gonna take to get my poor truck to work right again
let me know guys thanks

Clean the rodent nest out of the intake filter housing........

Thanks will look there

Do they teach grammar in NJ? WTF???

Pull your transmission and engine codes. Sounds like a stuck solenoid.
Would it still go to first gear with the lever if it’s a solenoid issue?
Only happens if I am in D but when I go to first gear pulling the lever back it shifts first fine..thanks

Do they teach grammar in NJ? WTF???
By the way my name is preceded by the word professor so maybe I just used some words you don’t understand sorry about that.

Would it still go to first gear with the lever if it’s a solenoid issue?
Only happens if I am in D but when I go to first gear pulling the lever back it shifts first fine..thanks

Yes. You need to pull codes and follow the troubleshooting outlined in the transmission section of the fsm

Thank you I sincerely appreciate you taking the time you have been very helpful!

If it wont automatically select 1st, but drives normally when manually shifted, the problem often is dead solenoid(s) or wiring connection. The most common connection problem is the transmission connector over the starter.

By the way my name is preceded by the word professor so maybe I just used some words you don’t understand sorry about that.
That’s just CRAZY!

I read to check the status lights on the dashboard:
sure enough when I put the lever toD the dashboard lights up R!
Does that narrow things down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom