Rear door stuck... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
'03 GX, rear door has had an intermittent problem of the rear door not unlocking/releasing to open. It's been stuck for a while now (I intermittently drive the truck).

Any ideas on getting it open? Not sure I can get the interior panels off from the inside...

I just had this problem. You have to replace the actuator. If you cant get it open you have to cut the back panel and unlock it manually with a screwdriver. The way I got mine open was to wait until it was cool first thing in the morning, bang on the door all around the latch handle and where the latch is with my fist, then with the keys in the ignition I would lock the door. Locking the door with the keys in the ignition would make it unlock immediatly and was the only way I could get it to work. After I got it open I took it apart and only installed the latch part back in the door. I left the panel off the door until the new part came from lexus and was able to reach my hand inside to open it manually .

I forgot about the key in the ignition unlocking trick. I'll try that.

Those actuators ain't cheap, dammit.

Isn't there a connector inside the panel near the D pillar that gets corroded if the vent leaks down on it? Thought it was drivers side.

They are expensive. I bought from Lexus. There are people that have successfully replaced the motors, but I am hoping the new one from Lexus lasts a while. It is supposed to be better than the original. Even with a 20% discount it still cost 235 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom