Pollution Sensor Adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CloudCity

LuxCruisers
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hey folks, I just posted up a little video that shows owners with the same NAV unit as my '04 LX how to adjust the Smog Sensor sensitivity. This is part of my new project called Lux Cruisers, which will be an information repository specific to the LX 470.

So is that what makes it switch to Inside Air quicker?

So is that what makes it switch to Inside Air quicker?
Yes, it must be on "Auto" to switch when it senses VOC's but adjusting it higher makes it switch sooner, adjusting lower makes it hold position longer.

I believe it also switches to Recirc. if major difference in ambient OS temp vs cabin temp. Here is Az. mine essentially stays in Recirc mode all summer

@CloudCity what’s the suggested maint on the actual sensor for smog? Where is it located? Thanks for the video!
Great question, I tried to look this up once and only found O2 sensor posts, same for a general internet search. If you find out I'd love to know!

Did a little googling and found this thread. Looks like things might vary quite a bit across different model years. Makes me a little nervous to start pressing random buttons just to see what happens.

Did a little googling and found this thread. Looks like things might vary quite a bit across different model years. Makes me a little nervous to start pressing random buttons just to see what happens.

I would guess most if not all of those can be adjusted in techstream, but the previous owner must be my secret twin because he set this rig up exactly like I'd want it.

@CloudCity what’s the suggested maint on the actual sensor for smog? Where is it located? Thanks for the video!
It is underneath the ignition key behind a small vent hole in the dash. I'm not sure what it is but it looks like a small resistor or capacitor. Not sure that any maintenance is needed. I pulled my dash to install some switches and noticed that the sensor was not reattached probably from previous work. I reattached it and my recirc now switches more often, but still not as often as I'd like. Thanks @CloudCity for the tip I'm going to increase sensitivity.

See posts below what I found is probably temperature sensor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom