2018 Land Cruiser Conversion with Pictures. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had some cash to burn and Alibaba is becoming more and more friendly. I pulled the trigger on a 2018 complete conversion. Took about 3 weeks to ship it. Cost was less than $2000.
I also bought a new interior rug as the old one was pretty dirty beyond cleaning. Install took about two weeks in the shop, because of armoring and what not. I'm sure it could be done in 5 days as the paint took the longest. All parts came in and fit perfectly. Simply amazing chinese production. All Leds work perfectly and have the correct color temperature. Night driving headlights are NOT up to toyota standards but it was something I was expecting.....But better than a Hyundai Santa Fe that I rent when I travel. Now the only difference with my 2017 is this one doesnt have body side moldings....They didnt come installed in this version.
8WHtJ5L.jpg

3Mv5CB4.jpg

32dcwjf.jpg

5lNRM0U.jpg

sw9IC90.jpg

t3IeMPn.jpg

32dcwjf.jpg

WkKi5in.jpg

YuxQ9tK.jpg

t6Z2Pwh.jpg

tARpTi6.jpg

What?!?!?!?! No, Souq??

This was a 2017 originally? Nice work!
Its my 2010....Looks exactly like my 2017.....And now I must admit even better...My 2017 is fully stock.

Does Souq do business out of the middle east?
No Souq.....This is latin america....Although all of the upper end toyota lexuses we get are middle east versions. My wifes GX460 has a stupid 120kmph speed warning just because its mandated in UAE or Dubai.....

I am so lost. What’s this thread about?

OP is in S. America, not the ME.

Panama is Central America ..

@jcmiro the armoring make it more " complicated " ..? are the swapped parts involved in the Armour ..?

Panama is Central America ..

@jcmiro the armoring make it more " complicated " ..? are the swapped parts involved in the Armour ..?
Do you have a good maintenance shop you would recommend in Panama. Need a couple things done. I moved here about 2 years ago and havent found a decent place to change my differential and transmission fluids.

The conversion was simple....The armoring just required extra steps. For example the rear door had to be adapted-cut/bondoed instead of replaced as the window is welded in.... Fender and hood needed extra aramid/kevlar....The bumper had to be cut to fit over the ram bar.

Nicely done! You could probably even sell off all the old parts, making the "upgrade" that much less.

What do you say to updating the interior? j/k

I bought two tesla screens one will be installed in oct in this LC.

Do you have a good maintenance shop you would recommend in Panama.

that exist ..? ( certainly not here AFAIK ..

Need a couple things done. I moved here about 2 years ago and havent found a decent place to change my differential and transmission fluids.

Fluids are not that complicated .. so maybe Super Service ( OME dealer along with other off road related stuff ) might be able to help you decently .. for more complicated stuff .. hard to recommend and not be burn ..

jcmiro,

I have got the same kit and am just about to start fitting to my 2008.
Can you explain what you did on the tailgate. I am the same and don't really want to change the glass over to the new tailgate so if there is an easy way please let me know. I think you mean you just changed the metal facia just below the glass??

Anyone tried the interior conversions? Seems like an easy way to basically get a 2016 for less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom