Confused ordering OME suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m a new owner of a 1983 FJ60. I would like to put a 2” ome lift on it. From what I’ve read on these forums I think I’ll go with a Medium/ medium spring setup. I have 31x10.5 tires on it. My local mechanic will do the installation but he wants me to buy it for him. I have no idea what to order with all the parts, greasable shackles, shock size and steering stabilizers, etc. The ARB site wasn’t much help as they don’t have 60 series listed on their website. Are there any vendor sites recommended that I can call and just tell them to send all the parts for the lift?

Or Iron Pig Off Road, they have good prices and knowledgeable. I have the light/med setup and it rides nice. You can always add a leaf if you need to increase load capacity.

Take your time, do your reaearch, your spending couple thousand dollars.

Take before and after pics and post them up. Good luck and happy cruising.

I bought mine somewhere else, and SHOULD have gone with Cruiser Outfitters. This is what they do. They know the FJ60, and have been under them with wrenches. Get all you need from one experinced source! You pay for “saving a few bucks” when you’re chasing down parts the big box places had no clue about.

Jason at Trail Taylor is good to work with also, he sells Tough Dog
Kurt or Bryce at Cruiser outfitters will set you up also.

@reevesci

Just call Kurt.

call Kurt, he will walk you through what you need based on how you are going to use your 60. You want your mechanic to have the right stuff the first time. Make it easy on him and he will do a better job. I just bought some suspension stuff from Kurt for my 62. Great service and incredibly fast shipping.

84B85A27-5FC9-4964-8627-789D031F8738.jpeg
I’m new at posting on forums. Totally surprised and stoked by the response to my post. I’m confident that I can get the suspension parts mailed to me. I had Proffitts resurrection Landcruisers out of orchard city, CO do an engine resto and suspension upgrade on my 78 FJ40. They did a great job dialing it in and am totally happy with their work. They are always so busy and it is an hour away. My local mechanic takes care of all my cars and he said he could do it if I bought the parts. Probably beyond my purview. I’ll try to get a pic of my 83 FJ60 on here.

X2 ordering from Kurt. I got my OME from a big box store and after several years a leaf spring broke. I regret not having gone with Kurt (but I have on many other things) as I know
he would have taken care of me

Kurt walked me through every step on the build sheet to get exactly what I needed. Better yet, my brother Jim (CenTxFJ60) and Cruiser Buddy Ryan (Captainclose) flew up this from San Antonio to install the suspension along with a knuckle job and fresh carpet kit. Transformed the truck in one weekend!
IMG_4644.jpg
IMG_4817.jpg

Here is the pdf you are looking for. It's lists all the components for OME including shock and shackle numbers.

I see you are in Ouray. Go to the Book Cliff Crusiers club page they are in Grand Junction.
Post there with your questions and I'm sure you'll find one or two local guys to talk to
to help you figure it out as well.

Attachments

• toyotaLandCruiser60.pdf
    88.1 KB · Views: 159

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom